Carpets are a very comfortable home floor as it is silent to walk on, and you will not get cold feet during winter days. However, they require a thorough and careful cleaning as dirt can quickly become embedded and then complicated to remove it.
There is an alternative to vacuum cleaning, but not every machine will give you the same cleaning results. Do you want to know which is the best 15 canister vacuums for carpet in 2021? Then read further through this article.
You will not only find out the best vacuum cleaners you can buy, but you also learn more about how to clean your carpet floors effectively and compare the qualities of cleaning tools yourself.
- Best Canister Vacuums Brands For Carpet
- What Are The Best Canister Vacuums For Carpet?
- Best Canister Vacuums for Carpet Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Canister Vacuums for Carpet Reviews 2021
- 1. Bissell Transparent Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 2. Eureka Economical Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 3. Dyson Innovative Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 4. Kenmore 81214 Orange Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 5. Ovente Compact Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 6. Hoover CH300 Commercial Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 7. Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 8. Ivation Sanitizing Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 9. Miele Brilliant Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 10. Atrix Portable Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 11. Severin German Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 12. Kalorik Washing Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 13. Atrix Revo Red Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 14. Dupray Completed Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- 15. Miele Powerful Canister Vacuum for Carpet
- How To Choose The Best Canister Vacuum For Carpet
- My Top Pick
Best Canister Vacuums Brands For Carpet
Many companies sell canister vacuums for carpets, but you cannot trust that all of them provide you with a quantitative product. Therefore, I list some outstanding brands here, where you can be sure that you will get a fair value for your money.
Miele is famous for its German engineering and offers various high-end household appliances. Customers highly appreciate the deficient maintenance needed and extended longevity. High-end devices often make it up to 20 years and hence payoff the initially high investment.
- Top 15 Best Robot Vacuum Cleaner for Carpet Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Steam Mops for Laminate Floors Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Vacuum and Mop Combos Reviews 2021
- Top 18 Best Eureka Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Water Filtration Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2021
- Top 17 Best Vacuums for Cat Litter To Buy in 2021
- Top 14 Best Small Vacuum Cleaner Reviews 2021
This American brand is very famous among American households. The vacuum cleaners are reliable but straightforward and do what one expects from them. Customers who are looking for a reliable cleaning tool at an affordable price most likely get a Kenmore.
The family-owned company made it to be one of the top brands in the homecare market. Their success is based on both the high-end products, but also the incredible and quick customer service. Many customers, therefore, stay with this brand.
If you want power, you need a Dyson. The company can also be called the “Apple” of vacuum cleaners as they have an incredible power built into a compact, trendy designed devices. It shows that your household belongs to the upper class if you have a Dyson.
What Are The Best Canister Vacuums For Carpet?
Unlike many other articles, I don’t make it exciting to discover which vacuums are the best. I present the most excellent canister vacuums for carpet already here, so you save a lot of time and then read the full review of the ones you are most interested in.
- Best Overall: Bissell Transparent Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Green bagless; washable and reusable filter; power suction; quality of material; lightweight; easy to use, and empty.”
- Best Budget: Eureka Economical Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Good value for money; easy to carry; convenient storage; attached combination; quick and efficient clean; powerful brushes.”
- Best Innovative Filter: Dyson Innovative Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Self-right design; bagless technology; great suction; hygienic bin; carbon fiber turbine head.”
- Best HEPA Filter: Kenmore 81214 Orange Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“HEPA filter; lightweight and maneuverable; easy reach; height adjustment; versatile tools; 2 motor systems.”
- Best Bagless Canister: Ovente Compact Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Incredible value; easy maintenance; automatic core rewind; Led light; advanced multi-level filtration; fast and efficient.”
- Best with Shoulder Strap: Hoover CH300 Commercial Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Commercial lightweight; easy dissemination of debris; convenient on/off switch; high-quality material; maneuverable and versatile.”
- Best Handheld: Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Easy to access backdoor; HEPA filter; comfortable carry design; accessories included; efficient cord length; extended reach.”
- Best for Steam Cleaning: Ivation Sanitizing Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Steaming multipurpose; sanitizing action; incredible and convenient value; expansive kit tools; powerful performance.”
- Best for Pet Hair: Miele Brilliant Canister Vacuum for Carpet
“Bundles included; HEPA air clean filter; lightweight, quiet and powerful; nice long cord; excellent extendable wand.”
Best Canister Vacuums for Carpet Comparison Chart
In the table below, you find all the specifications about the best canister vacuums for carpet and their unique features in a convenient summary.
|Best Canister Vacuums for Carpet||Dimensions Inches||Weight Pounds||Bagged/ Bagless||Special Features|
|Bissell Transparent Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best Overall||14 x 11 x 12||10.23||Bagless||Corded electric, 1year warranty; Cyclonic action|
|Eureka Economical Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best Budget||9 x 17.5 x 11.63||11.6||Bagged||Corded electric, 1year warranty, Power-Touch handle|
|Dyson Innovative Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best Innovative Filter||12.1 x 15.7 x 13.7||17.64||Bagless||Volume 1 milliliters; 5-year warranty parts and labor|
|Kenmore 81214 Orange Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best HEPA Filter||25.9 x 16.2 x 13.6||22.6||Bagged||Cord length 24 ft., dual motor, HEPA filter; one year warranty|
|Ovente Compact Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best Bagless Canister||11.5 x 15.5 x 10||12||Bagless||1-year warranty, corded electric; HEPA filter|
|Hoover CH300 Commercial Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best with Shoulder Bag||20.9 x 7.8 x 12.5||8.3||Bagged||115 Volts, two years warranty|
|Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best Handheld||12 x 4 x 16.5||9.24||Bagged||Three years warranty, corded electric; HEPA filter|
|Ivation Sanitizing Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best for Steam Cleaning||19.69 x 12.6 x 42.91||15.22||Bagless||One year warranty, 1800 Watts, sanitizing action, 120 volts, cord length 16.4 feet|
|Miele Brilliant Canister Vacuum for Carpets - Best for Pet Hair||23.31 x 17.25 x 15.12||31.5||Bagged||1200 Watts; HEPA Air Clean Filter;|
|Atrix Portable Canister Vacuum for Carpets||19.5 x 12.5 x 10||12||Bagged||120 Volts, Corded Electric, HEPA filter, one year warranty,|
|Severin German Canister Vacuum for Carpets||22.9 x 14.9 x 13.9||22.6||Bagged||Germany quality, HEPA filter, three years warranty|
|Kalorik Washing Canister Vacuum for Carpets||12.4 x 12.4 x 20.1||14.3||Bagless||Plastic(Abs) type, cyclonic water filtration system|
|Atrix Revo Red Canister Vacuum for Carpets||16 x 11 x 13.5||10.4||Bagless||Corded electric, HEPA filter; one year from the date of purchase.|
|Dupray Completed Canister Vacuum for Carpets||16.93 x 12.6 x 11.02||10||Bagless||Made in EU;3 years warranty; Lifetime on stainless steel boiler|
|Miele Powerful Canister Vacuum for Carpets||18.2 x 11 x 8.7||10||Bagged||120 Volts, 7-year warranty on motor and casing, and a 1-year warranty on parts and labor|
Top 15 Best Canister Vacuums for Carpet Reviews 2021
Now it is time to check out the individual canister vacuum for carpet to learn more about their specific benefits and key features.
1. Bissell Transparent Canister Vacuum for Carpet
The Bissell Zing Transparent Canister Vacuum is very striking due to its design, which allows you to see inside the dust container. Since it is a bagless vacuum, there is no need to purchase vacuum bags, which will save you a lot of money in the long term.
You can easily see when it is time to empty the container, which has a capacity of 0.5 gallons. Its 9 amperes powered suction mode can easily be adapted to carpets or hardwood floors with just one switch.
- Crevice Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Automatic retracting cord
- Air Flow Regulator
- It is very lightweight
- The suction is potent
- Worth the money
- Very quiet in operation
- Fits well into corners and below furniture
- All components are made from plastic, which looks of inferior quality
- The hose attachment does not connect firmly and may fall off once in a while
|Dimensions||14 x 11 x 12 inches|
|Manufacturer||BISSELL Homecare, Inc.|
|Surface||Hard floor, Carpet, Dual action|
To see precisely how the Bissell Zing Transparent Canister Vacuum works and how to use the different attachments, take a look at this video:
2. Eureka Economical Canister Vacuum for Carpet
The Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum is a well-designed, compact vacuum cleaner that is perfect for quick but efficient cleanings. Its dust bin holds more than 0.6 gallons, which is slightly larger than many other vacuums have.
It includes attachments for almost any surface type, including curtains or window blinds, making it a universal tool for your household. All control buttons are at the top of the handle, allowing you to change modes and power levels during the cleaning process.
- More than 0.6 gallons in dust bin capacity
- Also great to vacuum your car
- Includes a blower port
- 10 AMP compact canister
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to move around and carry up another floor
- Sufficient suction power
- Cord length is convenient
- The yellow case makes it easy to see
- The motor is not longlasting
- The pipe may leak air reducing the suction power
|Dimensions||9 x 17.5 x 11.63 inches|
|Surface||Floor, Car, Upholstery, Ceiling, Tile, Carpet, Stair|
To see the cleaning performance, and more details about the Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, please check out this video:
3. Dyson Innovative Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best Innovative Filter)
The Dyson is full of engineering and latest, state of the art technology. The company found an effective solution to end the need for buying filter bags and cleaning filters. The Cinetic tips are separating the dust effectively and keep the filter clean.
All you need to do is empty the bin from time to time, which is a simple step of holding the canister above your trash can and opening the lid so that all the dust, dirt, and other debris from your home can fall into your household waste.
Additionally, the tubes and channels will not clog, keeping the suction power always on maximum performance. Due to the outstanding, cubic design, the canister will not topple over and is picking itself up wherever you are pulling it.
- Carbon fiber turbine floor tool
- Counter-rotating brushes remove pet hair from textiles
- The mechanism to avoid tipping over
- Highest customer satisfaction among canister vacuums
- It is an excellent purchase.
- Powerful suction
- Easy to move and carry over stairs
- Convenient attachment tools included.
- Very quiet even on highest power mode
- Very successful in picking up pet hair
- Small dust bin capacity
- The power cord is short
|Dimensions||12.1 x 15.7 x 13.7 inches|
4. Kenmore 81214 Orange Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best HEPA Filter)
The Kenmore 81214 is a typical canister vacuum cleaner with a classical design, ideal for an average household. The orange-golden surface finish gives it a shiny and upscale appearance.
The floorhead can be adjusted to four different height levels. Hence it will sit well on every type of floor, especially on carpets. Despite being powered by two motors, it is very light and convenient to handle.
It comes with three further floor attachments that can extend the suction tube’s length and contain a HEPA filter.
- HEPA filter capturing 99% of the debris
- Dual motor system
- 24-foot retractable power cable
- Bagged canister vacuum model
- Kenmore produces and sells this model for a long time
- Perfect for condos and townhomes
- Looks very nice
- The suction power switch is at the handle, no need to bend down to the canister
- Parts are produced with cheap material
- Not as durable anymore as older Kenmore models
|Dimensions||25.9 x 16.2 x 13.6 inches|
|Surface||All surfaces of your entire home|
5. Ovente Compact Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best Bagless Canister)
People who suffer from allergies against dust, microorganisms, and pollen need to find a convenient way of keeping their homes free from those. The Ovente Bagless Canister is a perfect vacuum tool for precisely this group of persons.
The HEPA filter is reliably capturing particles as small as 0.3 micrometers in diameter, which is less than 0.01 percent of the thickness of a hair.
It also includes valuable attachments for various surfaces, allowing you to free your sofa from dust and dirt that got stuck in between seat cushions. The dust container, which is reusable and washable, also features an LED light that indicates you when it is time to empty it.
- Adjustable Telescopic Wand
- HEPA Filtration System
- Transparent Dirt Bin
- 1200 W suction power
- Very affordable
- Suction power is adjustable.
- Overall a very compact device
- Sturdy construction
- Large wheels make it easy to move around
- Neat vertical storage;
- Accesses space under furniture successfully
- The handle is not comfortable
- The switches look the same and can be mistaken
|Dimensions||11.5 x 15.5 x 10 inches|
6. Hoover CH300 Commercial Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best with Shoulder Bag)
When you get a Hoover PortaPower, you will look like a cleaning professional. This machine is designed for the professional treatment of thick and heavy carpets and carpet floors.
The vacuum canister is of very lightweight construction, and you can thus easily carry it to space where you need it. It is equipped with a very long power cord, which avoids the need to consistently find a new plug every time you enter a new room.
It comes with a big bundle of attachments that gives you a choice between a standard floorhead, brushes and hose fronts for different corners, reaching under the bed or cleaning between sofa pillows, and intensively cleaning carpet spots.
- 4 AMP motor
- 33 feet long power cable
- Bagless upright canister to carry
- Easy to clean small corners but also ceilings
- It was lightweight and easy to clean every corner and under the furniture
- Provides a fantastic suction
- Fabric bag that can be emptied and reused
- Great product considering the price
- Cannot be pulled since it has no wheels
- Looks not fancy
|Dimensions||20.9 x 7.8 x 12.5 inches|
7. Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum for Carpet
Are you looking to vacuum your home in a trendy style? No problem, with the Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum, you can do. Instead of pulling it behind you, you carry it similar to a shoulder bag, or directly in your hand like a handbag.
This avoids that the vacuum could accidentally bump into your furniture leaving permanent scratches or damages. Since it weighs only 5 pounds, it is convenient and comfortable. The power cord is long enough to move freely within your home.
Due to the long hose and the ability to carry it, the vacuum helps you access areas and spots that you can’t reach with other models such as shelves, lamps, doors, and window frames.
- 5 feet elegant hose
- Contains various hose and brush attachments
- HEPA filter included
- Comfortable shoulder belt
- Ultimate handheld
- Bags are affordable and surprisingly roomy
- the new design is a significant improvement
- Lightweight with great suction!
- Easy and versatile handling
- The attachments cannot be stored within the canister and hence could get lost in your household
- The flexible hose is too short and too tight
|Dimensions||12 x 4 x 16.5 inches|
|Surface||Hard Floor, Upholstery, Carpet|
Check out this video to know more about the Oreck Handheld Canister Vacuum, how to assemble, maintain, and use it:
8. Ivation Sanitizing Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best for Steam Cleaning)
With the Ivation Canister Steam Cleaner, you have a full, reliable vacuum cleaner and a steam cleaner that kills bacteria sitting deep into your floor. Featuring 1800 W motor, you can be sure that it removes profoundly embedded dirt in a carpet.
It holds a 0.5-gallon water tank that will be sufficient for steam cleaning of up to 30 minutes. The water can reach up to 338°F, which effectively disinfects your carpet, providing you with a much cleaner result than regular vacuuming.
Furthermore, the delivery includes a set of 14 attachments, which gives you the perfect equipment for a thorough cleaning.
- Disinfecting your carpet without harmful chemicals
- Ready to use after seven minutes
- Includes an extensive set of attachments
- Regulate temperature up to 338°F
- Steam is indeed scalding
- Effective sanitizer
- Also high in window cleaning
- Great value and versatility
- The handle can get hot
- Too much water is discharged
|Dimensions||19.69 x 12.6 x 42.91 inches|
If you want to see all the attachments of the Ivation Canister Steam Cleaner, watch this video:
9. Miele Brilliant Canister Vacuum for Carpet
(Best for Pet Hair)
For those who often vacuum because of pets or simply because you value a very clean, dust, and hair-free home, the Miele C3 Brilliant can be exactly your fit. It certainly is in the top price range but therefore offers a lot of features.
It is German-engineered and manufactured in Germany under the strictest quality controls, and all devices have an expected life span of at least 20 years.
It comes with various floor head attachments with a one-floor head that features LED lights to vacuum in shallow light or see below your furniture.
The package also includes 16 of Miele filter bags, which means that you do not need to worry about getting replacement bags for the next two years.
- Four pre-motor protection filters
- HEPA Air Clean Filter Ah50
- Miele SEB-236 Powerhead restores crushed carpet nap
- 90-degree rotation of floor head to flexibly swift into corners
- Made in Germany
- Extremely silent, you can even listen to music or watch TV
- Carpets look like new again
- The bag can simply be replaced with one click
- The universal head brush allows you to switch from carpet to hard floors seamlessly
- A huge investment
- Buttons are a bit unwieldy
|Dimensions||23.31 x 17.25 x 15.12 inches|
|Surface||Hard floor, Carpet, Dual action|
Watch this video if you want to see how the Miele C3 Brilliant looks and how easily you can clean with it:
10. Atrix Portable Canister Vacuum for Carpet
If you always wanted to have a vacuum cleaner that you do not need to pull behind you or carry around, then Atrix has heard your prayers and fulfills your wish with the model VACBP1.
The canister sits on your back like a backpack, and you only have to hold the suction hose in your hand. It is very light and thus comfortable also after half an hour.
It also features a blower adapter, which means you can use this fabulous device in autumn to clear your garden from falling leaves. It has an extreme suction power and paired with the HEPA filter that effectively captures bacteria, your home will become incredibly clean and dust-free.
It includes different attachments for floor types, furniture, and crevices, allowing you to use it in professional cleanings, such as in offices, hotels, or as a housekeeper.
- 1400 Watt and 12 AMP motor
- 22 to 37 inches extension wand
- Vacuum canister will be carried on your back
- Can also be used as a blower
- His backpack is fantastic. It is very light and comfortable to wear
- This backpack has so much suction and an excellent filter system!
- The construction seems solid
- It’s an excellent lightweight machine
- Very good for the price
- 5 inches core
- The attachments do not last long
- The bristles will not stay down, and you end up scratching the floor
|Dimensions||19.5 x 12.5 x 10 inches|
11. Severin German Canister Vacuum for Carpet
If you are looking for German engineering and reliable quality but do not want to spend that much money as a Miele product, Severin is perfect.
It is also a manufacturer of household tools with a longstanding history and stands for high quality. The floorhead design is very advanced to perfectly sit on carpets and ensure a silent but powerful suction.
The handle and the pipe can be locked with a tight clipper, which avoids that they eventually fall apart. It also comes with a turbo brush that can be used for deep cleaning of thicker carpets and even mattresses.
- German quality
- Powerful Airflow System
- XXL upholstery nozzle with Claw-Collect-System
- HEPA 14 Filter
- Soft Sound Design
- Quiet and powerful
- High quality
- Comes with a big attachment bundle
- The power cord is inconveniently located under the canister
- The vacuum heads are difficult to change
|Dimensions||22.9 x 14.9 x 13.9 inches|
12. Kalorik Washing Canister Vacuum for Carpet
Should you be very sensitive to household dust, then the Kalorik Washing Canister is your lifesaver. Everything that is suctioned up will land in a container that you fill with water.
Since the dust, pollen, and other particles are captured in water, they cannot fly around any longer, improving the air quality. Besides, this fabulous technology eliminates the need to buy filters or dust bags, which saves you a lot of money.
Due to its four wheels, the canister can be pulled through the house very quickly and comfortable despite the added weight through the water. There is no need to worry that you could forget to empty the water container as the vacuum has an automatic stop mechanism.
- No filter bags and no annoying cleaning of the dust container
- Vacuums both wet and dry
- A heavy-duty 2-in-1 floor brush
- Contains extra brushes and crevice tool in on-board storage spaces
- Despite its baggy size, it can reach into many different areas
- Extreme suction power
- Cleaning the container is so easy as you simply flush the water
- Cleans the air by removing all dust
- Aromatic oils can be added to enhance the scent of the room
- The water filtration technology is effective
- The hose could be longer
- If it bumps into furniture and the plastic gets damaged, water can leak
|Dimensions||12.4 x 12.4 x 20.1 inches|
13. Atrix Revo Red Canister Vacuum for Carpet
The Atrix Canister Revo Vacuum is specially designed for people who cannot and or do not want to carry a massive machine. It is very light but still contains everything a vacuum cleaner should possess.
If you value clean air, then the four filters will make you extra happy as one filter can capture what the previous one missed. Besides, all filters are washable, allowing you to keep using the filters over and over instead of the need to purchase new ones.
It comes with two different floor heads, one specially made for carpets and the other one for hardwood floors, apart from plenty of other attachments for the suction hose.
- Weighs only 10.9 pounds
- Contains HEPA filters
- Catchy and trendy design
- Variable suction speed
- Very decent and reliable
- Very easy to maneuver and follows everywhere with ease
- Very great functionality
- Very silent during operation
- Occasionally flips over
- Inferior materials
|Dimensions||16 x 11 x 13.5 inches|
|Surface||Hard floor, Carpet, Dual action|
14. Dupray Completed Canister Vacuum for Carpet
Vacuuming a carpet is not enough as some dirt, debris, and hair or dust often get embedded within the carpet.
The Duray completed canister vacuum for carpets delivers a reliable suction power paired with a water tank containing sufficient water for a cleaning duration of up to 50 minutes.
The motor heats water up to 303°F, which is more than hot enough to sanitize carpets efficiently. Purchasing this machine is a worry-free purchase as all customers have a three-year warranty.
- Heats up in less than 8 minutes
- 16-piece attachments kit
- 6 feet 2 inches steam hose
- Made in Europe
- Plenty of heat and steam
- Easy to put together on arrival
- Great sanitation without chemicals
- Easy to pull due to the four wheels
- Not enough pressure
- The trigger is loose and of lower quality
|Dimensions||16.93 x 12.6 x 11.02 inches|
15. Miele Powerful Canister Vacuum for Carpet
Miele is known for its super long life, and many Miele investments pay off because one does not have to care about maintenance or replacements for many years.
The German-engineered vacuum motor will, for sure, be strong enough for whatever cleaning task you have. The power is adjustable in many steps and provides you 1200 W suction power in the highest setting.
The filter bags have a sufficient capacity to last over two months, which means that you do not need to worry too often about changing them.
Furthermore, the bag concept is designed with allergic concepts, and vacuuming will improve your air quality and capture allergens securely in the bag.
- Six different suction power modes
- Miele-Made Vortex Motor
- Floorhead can be adjusted
- Filter bag Capacity of 4.76 qt
- Cleaning Radius of 29.5 feet
- Attachments are of higher quality
- Fair price for the excellent quality
- Filtration work is fantastic
- Easy to move around due to the wheels
- It is very lightweight, given the powerful motor
- It is louder than other vacuums
- The cord length is too short for large homes
|Dimensions||18.2 x 11 x 8.7 inches|
|Surface||Hard Floor, Carpet|
Check out this video to get familiar with all the little details, and learn more about the Miele Powerful Canister Vacuum advantages:
How To Choose The Best Canister Vacuum For Carpet
Are you planning to compare all available canister vacuums for carpets by yourself to make your buying decision? No problem, let me support you by giving you a buying guide with tips about the specifications and features you need to assess.
The motor power is often indicated in watt and is an excellent indication of the suction power. Of course, the real power depends on the finish, whether the channels are all airtight or not.
If your home is not too dirty and you vacuum a lot, you can buy a machine with a lower watt usage as this will save you energy. However, if you live in a large family home with pets, you should do yourself a favor and get a vacuum with 1200 W or more.
Bagless or Filter Bags
A canister vacuum usually has two different design concepts. Bagless models use a container that needs to be emptied and washed from time to time, whereas others use filter bags that become replaced when they are full.
Persons with allergies or sensitive against dust mostly prefer bags as they often lock itself while removing and avoid that you get in contact with any particles.
If you are no fan of buying replacement bags since they can become quite pricy, then the bagless models may be a better alternative.
The cable length you need depends on the size of your home. It is annoying if you enter another room, and you suddenly need to interrupt cleaning and find a new power socket.
Therefore, count the steps you need to make to reach all rooms from a central power socket. You know whether a 20feet cord can be sufficient or want to look for models with a longer cable.
Attachments and Floor Head
If your home features only carpet floors, this may not be too much of an issue. Still, if you also want to clean kitchen or bathroom tiles, then you should get one with a universal or convertible floor head, or some attachment brushes for other surfaces or furniture.
It can be very convenient and, in the long run, also more economical to have one tool for multiple cleaning purposes. This way, you can vacuum on top of lamps or your window blinds, which is much more convenient than wiping them.
Do you have some more questions about canister vacuums for carpets, and how to use them in your home? Then you will find the answers here.
My Top Pick
With that many well-performing products, it is tough to find the best one. However, my favorite is the Bissell Transparent Canister Vacuum for Carpets, as it provides sufficient suctioning power for an average household.
Since I do not have pets and frequently clean, I do not need suctioning up embedded dirt. Furthermore, its price is beautiful, which finally comes down to a very delicate balance of cost and product value.
If you need an astonishing power and you have to clean almost every day to get along with all the pet hair, then I recommend the Miele Brilliant Canister Vacuum for Carpets.
It is the most durable machine that you can get, and it will be a loyal servant over many years. While it can suck up whatever embedded dirt you have, it is still a very silent machine that allows you to do a quick cleaning in the evening.