The carburetor is small but plays a vital role in ensuring the engine is provided with the right amount of fuel and air circulation. When everything is running well, the new burner efficiently burns and maximizes engine power.
However, the dirt, varnish, and gum can build up on different parts of your carburetor over time, depending on how often you use the engine. So the carburetor needs regular maintenance or when performance problems occur.
When your engine starts to exhibit acceleration or starting problems, it may be time to clean your carburetor with the right carburetor cleaner.
Cleaning your dirty carburetor has many benefits: saving more fuel, creating more power. Acceleration is also improved, and the engine starts up faster.
In this best carburetor cleaning product review, I will bring you a list of the best carburetors on the market in 2021. Besides that, I will also give you a detailed guide that helps You choose the right carburetor for your engine.
- Top 15 Best Bathroom Cleaners On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Fuel Injector Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Denture Cleaners To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Stovetop Cleaner To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Silver Cleaners To Buy 2021
- Top 17 Best Laminate Floor Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Enzyme Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Shower Tile Cleaners To Buy in 2021
- Classification of Carburetor Cleaners
- What Are The Best Carburetor Cleaners to Buy?
- Best Carburetor Cleaners Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Carburetor Cleaners Reviews 2021
- 1. Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner
- 2. Gunk M4814/6 Carburetor Cleaner
- 3. Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner
- 4. CRC Carburetor Cleaner
- 5. Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B101 Carburetor Cleaner
- 6. Berryman 0117C B-12 Chemtool Carburetor
- 7. Briggs & Stratton 100042 Carburetor Cleaner
- 8. Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner
- 9. Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip
- 10. Gumout 510021 Carburetor Cleaner
- 11. WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner
- 12. Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment
- 13. Berryman 113 Carburetor Cleaner
- 14. Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner
- 15. Johnsen’s Non-VOC Carburetor Cleaner
- How to Buy the Best Carburetor Cleaners?
- Steps to Clean Your Carburetor
- My Top Pick
Classification of Carburetor Cleaners
To choose the best carburetor cleaner for you, you must understand the classification and the differences between them. Carburetor cleaners are classified into the following basic categories:
Most carburetor cleaners come in the form of aerosols. And the nozzle requires strong force to be most effective. Approaching the small openings of the carburetor is not easy, so that the spraying method will help the whole cleaning process work more efficiently.
Spray-on carburetors often come with a straw, so you know exactly where you need to clean and don’t waste your solution.
Last but not least is carburetor detergent dipping boxes designed for those who have a lot of parts that need cleaning. With this dip, you will soak the part to be cleaned directly into the detergent solution instead of spraying detergent on the parts.
Dipper forms are not as popular as aerosol sprays, but they are definitely a handy alternative if you don’t want to be doing too much.
Chlorine is a significant substance commonly found in detergents. It helps solvents break down impurities more efficiently; it is proportional to the amount of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) found in solution.
These VOCs are solvents that remove stubborn dirt that builds up in the parts of your carburetor. Chlorinated detergents clean faster and more thoroughly.
However, this type may not be acceptable in some regions and is not environmentally friendly.
Non-chlorinated carburetor cleaners are considered to be a less toxic and environmentally friendly alternative thanks to their low VOC index. This type is also accepted everywhere.
A non-chlorinated formula doesn’t dry as quickly as a chlorinated formula, but it is safer to use on rubber and plastic parts. However, this type is more flammable than chlorinated.
What Are The Best Carburetor Cleaners to Buy?
In 2021, the best carburetor cleaner goes to the Berryman and Gunk names, with cleaning features optimized for the efficiency and safety of your carburetor. Besides, Gumout is also a right name for its potent formula and quick cleaning.
Here are some outstanding 2021 candidates for the best carburetor cleaner:
- Best Overall – Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner
“Non-chlorinated formula, VOC compliant, excellent compatibility, safe to use, fast action.”
- Best Budget – Gunk M4814/6 Carburetor Cleaner
“Powerful solvents, powerful formula, high-pressure spray, practical for engines.”
- Best Non-Chlorinated – Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner
“Non-chlorinated formula, safe to use, VOC compliance, quickly remove residue.”
- Best Environmental-Friendly – CRC Carburetor Cleaner
“Safe for the environment, effectively dissolve, powerful formula, improve acceleration.”
- Best Gum-Cutter – Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B101 Carburetor Cleaner
“Immediately action, reliable to use, safe oxygen sensor, non-corrosive.”
- Best Power – Berryman 0117C B-12 Chemtool Carburetor
“Increase engine power, quickly dissolve, high energy, maximum performance.”
- Best for Small Engine – Briggs & Stratton 100042 Carburetor Cleaner
“Reduce downtime, fast cleaning, improved engine stability, high-pressure spray.”
- Best for Sophisticated Parts – Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner
“Powerful formula, low viscosity, excellent cleaning effect, safer to handle.”
- Best Concentrated Dip – Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip
“Exceptional cleaning result, high-quality solvents, chem-dip method, friendly with the carburetor.”
- Best Fuel Injector – Gumout 510021 Carburetor Cleaner
“Reduce emissions, automatically clean, maximize engine efficiency, removing carbon deposits.”
Best Carburetor Cleaners Comparison Chart
Take a quick look at the following comparison chart to see the general parameters of the best carburetor cleaners this year:
|Best Carburetor Cleaners||Dimensions||Weight||Brand Name||Formula|
|Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner - Best Overall||9.8 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches||7.5 pounds||Berryman Products||Non-Chlorinated|
|Gunk M4814/6 Carburetor Cleaner - Best Budget||2.7 x 2.7 x 7.9 inches||1 pound||Gunk||Chlorinated|
|Gumout Jet Spray Carb and Choke Cleaner - Best Non-Chlorinated||10 x 2.5 x 2.8 inches||0.253 ounces||Gumout||Non-Chlorinated|
|CRC Carburetor Cleaner - Best Environmental-Friendly||8.1 x 2.7 x 2.6 inches||14.4 ounces||CRC Industries||Low VOC|
|Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B101 Carburetor Cleaner - Best Gum-Cutter||8 x 2.7 x 2.7 inches||1 pound||Berkebile Oil 2 + 2||Non-corrosive|
|Berryman 0117C B-12 Chemtool Carburetor - Best Power||2.69 x 2.69 x 9.31 inches||1 pound||Berryman Products||Solvent|
|Briggs & Stratton 100042 Carburetor Cleaner - Best for Small Engine||1 x 7 x 8 inches||2.08 ounces||Briggs & Stratton||Chlorinated|
|Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner - Best for Sophisticated Parts||9.25 x 2.52 x 2.52 inches||1.4 pounds||Ford||Chlorinated|
|Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip - Best Concentrated Dip||9 x 8 x 9 inches||3 pounds||YAMAHA||Concentrated|
|Gumout 510021 Carburetor Cleaner - Best Fuel Injector||7.44 x 5.56 x 8.5 inches||0.098 ounces||Gumout||Fuel-Injector|
|WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner||Not Specific||13.5 ounces||WD-40||Concentrated|
|Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment||2.75 x 7.5 x 2.75 inches||1 pound||Sea Foam||Pure petroleum|
|Berryman 113 Carburetor Cleaner||2.69 x 2.69 x 8.13 inches||8 ounces||Berryman Products||Non-Chlorinated|
|Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner||3 x 3 x 8 inches||1 pound||Gunk||Non-Chlorinated|
|Johnsen's Non-VOC Carburetor Cleaner||11.25 x 10.06 x 8.56 inches||15.78 pounds||Johnsen's||Non-VOC|
Top 15 Best Carburetor Cleaners Reviews 2021
Now to the main part, join me in detail and analyze each one of the 15 best carburetor cleaners this year!
1. Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner
Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner is a powerful soaking cleaner that removes stubborn stains from carburetors, throttle bodies, and other small parts.
Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner is effective against the sludge, gum, varnish, and other types of residue that can build up inside the carburetor over time. The formula can vigorously clean the parts affected by sludge.
Best of all, this Berryman 0996 formula is friendly to a variety of materials so that it won’t react or corrode aluminum and plastic parts. This will help prevent seals and other critical parts from weakening while cleaning the carburetor.
Unlike most carburetor cleaners, this Berryman 0996 is not produced in aerosol form. Instead, it comes packaged in a large tin jar, thanks to which you can dip your dirty carburetor for a thorough cleaning. You need to wait 15-30 minutes for the detergent to break down all the dirt.
In particular, the Berryman 0996 is reusable, allowing you to clean multiple carburetors. Besides, it comes with a large plastic accessory that will assist you in dipping and extracting the parts being washed out of the liquid.
- The formula is not chlorinated and is VOC compliant across the US
- Works on rubber, oil, hard carbon, varnish, and mud
- Excellent compatibility with most metals, plastics, and rubber
- Complete work in 15-30 minutes
- Comes in a 1 gallon can enough for many applications
- An excellent solution for embedding any engine part you want to clean
- Safe to use both on plastic, rubber and metal parts
- Just soak the carburetor inside for 15 to 30 minutes to clean
- Can remove even hard carbon deposits
- Sufficient solvents are available for use in a wide variety of applications
- Fast action gives you quick results
- Ergonomic handles keep your hands safe and prevent further contamination of the solution
- The dipping method may be ineffective when cleaning large carb parts
- The price is quite high for 1 gallon
|Dimensions||1.5 x 2.9 x 7.9 inches|
|Brand Names||Berryman Products|
2. Gunk M4814/6 Carburetor Cleaner
Gunk M4814 / 6 Carburetor Cleaner is formulated with some of the strongest solvents that will help remove stains from the carburetor system. This powerful formula also removes sludge, dirt, gum, varnish, and carbon deposits on carburetors and cylinder head over time.
Besides, the ingredients of the Gunk M4814 / 6 Carburetor Cleaner are very active so that they will be useful in just a few seconds. Although strong, these compounds do not react with most metals, so your carburetor will not be affected during cleaning.
Furthermore, with 3 suitable capacities to choose from, Gunk M4814 / 6 Carburetor Cleaner can walk you through the entire cleaning session. The sprayed liquid comes out at high pressure, making it possible to reach hard-to-reach parts.
If you are looking for the best useful and practical cleaner for small engines, then Gunk M4814 / 6 will be the right solution.
- Includes powerful solvents to start working quickly
- Clean varnish, dirt, residue, gum and carbon deposits
- Clean inductors, valves, and other parts
- Going through a performance test
- Quickly get your carburetor working again
- Bring a shine to your carburetor
- The carburetor works even better when cleaning is complete
- Make sure all stains are thoroughly washed off
- This cleaner can be used on the combustion chamber
- 3 suitable capacities to choose from
- Attractive price
- The formula is chlorinated
- Not allowed to be sold in states that do not accept chlorinated solvents
|Dimensions||2.7 x 2.7 x 7.9 inches|
3. Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner
Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner with the right amount of cleaning power can get your carburetor back to peak performance. This recipe also cleans all types of unpainted metal parts, including choke valves.
As a result, the engine will cause less engine stalling, no-load, or difficulty starting. This will improve fuel economy and increase engine power. Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner also works to remove stains almost immediately. Besides, it also dries very quickly to help increase the power of the engine when completing the cleaning job.
Gumout Jet Spray Carburetor Cleaner will quickly and thoroughly remove gum, varnish, and other debris from your carburetor, giving it a shiny and new look. The nozzle is also equipped with a suction tube to ensure more accuracy when needed.
Also, this product will protect the carburetor and other components from future debris. This will provide you with long-lasting cleaning results that allow your engine to run efficiently without any mechanical complications.
- Formula is non-chlorinated
- All unpainted metal surfaces can be cleaned
- Safe to use with an oxygen sensor and catalytic converter
- VOC compliance in over 50 states
- There is a plastic tube to attach to the valve button on the aerosol tank
- Quickly remove any residue to free carburetor
- Clean varnish, gum, dirt and other debris
- Cleaning can be customized according to the dirt level of the parts
- Blow away soil particles and other undesirable residues
- Increase engine power and improve fuel economy
- The formula takes effect almost immediately
- Aerosol spraying to facilitate easy transport of dirty parts
- Clean the carburetor on your car inside and out
- Not safe for painted surfaces
- The content is very flammable
- The operation can be interrupted if sprayed directly to the oxygen sensor
|Dimensions||7.6 x 3.1 x 3.05 inches|
|Capacity||12 / 16 oz|
4. CRC Carburetor Cleaner
The formula of CRC Carburetor Cleaner is the most environmentally friendly because it contains a very low VOC. But it’s also a powerful formula that can remove all kinds of stains from carburetors, even slightly stubborn ones.
This is a versatile cleaner that can deal with unpainted metal surfaces. Rich formula with high-performance additives will effectively dissolve sludge, varnish, sludge, etc. You can use it to clean PCV valves, automatic shut-off systems, and other components that may affect the engine performance.
Besides, CRC Carburetor Cleaner improves air and fuel flow, allowing the engine to create powerful transmissions. Therefore, you can clearly see improvements in acceleration, fuel economy, and overall car performance.
Best of all, CRC Carburetor Cleaner is EPA compliant, so you can rest assured that it’s safe for the environment and vehicle. Comes in a spray bottle that makes it easy to use
In particular, the CRC Carburetor Cleaner comes in the aerosol form with a removable protective cap. Besides, the product comes with a straw for those times when you might need some precision level.
- Works on all types of dirt, including sludge, gum, and varnish
- Use a low volatile organic compound (VOC) formula
- Meet regulatory requirements including US EPA and California VOC
- Safe to use with catalytic converter and oxygen sensor
- Ensure that all contaminants are removed
- Very friendly with the environment
- Unpainted metal surfaces can be treated
- Reactions to unwanted deposits are quick
- Dissolve all deposits quickly and efficiently
- Comes with straws for precision applications
- Not safe for use on rubber or plastic
|Dimensions||8.1 x 2.7 x 2.6 inches|
|Brand Names||CRC Industries|
5. Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B101 Carburetor Cleaner
When it comes to small engine repairs, Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B101 Carburetor Cleaner is one of the cleaners you want to have. It is capable of cutting gum and other residues immediately.
This is all thanks to Berkebile Oil 2 + 2’s quick-acting formula that contains non-corrosive ingredients, which will remove stains and other residues on the carburetor walls. This cleaner only affects the stain without harming the carburetor nor corroding other engine parts.
Furthermore, you can also use Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 when cleaning carbon deposits from the exhaust system. It does not affect the O2 sensor, so the car’s computer system will provide accurate results when running the different exhaust functions.
In particular, thanks to the extension hose, you can identify applications precisely when dealing with narrow inlet ports and other small compartments in the carburetor. This way, you can remove any potential stains and debris that can clog your system. Fuel and air will have an easier time to circulate, eliminating potential engine problems.
- Removes all residue including gum and varnish immediately
- Reliable cleaner for metal parts
- Use on carburetors, inductors, coil links, hoses
- Safe oxygen sensor
- Compatible with PCV valves
- The fast-acting formula for instant results
- The extension hose is convenient for handling narrow inlet ports and small compartments
- The formula works wonders in an instant without delays
- Do not destroy other engine parts
- Safe use with the oxygen sensor
- Eliminate potential engine malfunctions
- Can be used when automatic coil cleaning
- Extremely flammable
- Safety is not guaranteed with rubber and plastic
|Dimensions||8 x 2.7 x 2.7 inches|
|Model||B101 Gum Cutter|
|Brand Names||Berkebile Oil 2 + 2|
6. Berryman 0117C B-12 Chemtool Carburetor
Berryman 0117C is capable of quickly dissolving gum residue, varnish, fuel residue, and other residues from carburetors, PCV valves, automatic shut-offs, carburetor links, throttle bodies, etc. Power gives you maximum performance and fuel economy.
In particular, the Berryman 0117C also improves drivability by removing dirt that causes stalling and loss of acceleration. Berryman 0117C B-12 Chemtool Carburetor is also available in different sizes to suit all your jobs.
To clean, simply remove the air filter and run the engine in fast idle mode. Next, spray directly into the carburetor and rinse in short bursts until clean. Stop the engine and allow it to dry before starting again. Alternatively, you can use the Berryman 0117C as the starting liquid in a gasoline engine that is difficult to start.
- Quickly dissolves gum residue, varnish, fuel residue, and dirt residue
- Compatible with vehicles
- High energy solvent technology
- Safe with catalytic converter and oxygen sensor
- Various sizes to fit all your work
- Maximum performance and fuel economy
- Quick deposit melting
- Dry quickly and completely
- Leave no residue
- Can be used as starting fluid
- Not for use in diesel engines
- VOC noncompliance in some states
|Dimensions||2.69 x 2.69 x 9.31 inches|
|Capacity||16-Ounce / 20-Ounce|
|Brand Names||Berryman Products|
7. Briggs & Stratton 100042 Carburetor Cleaner
(Best for Small Engine)
Briggs & Stratton 100042 is a great choice to use when cleaning small engines. Formulated with a variety of solvents that work together to ensure that no stains are left behind. You can trust this carb filter to tune the system for optimum performance.
Briggs & Stratton 100042 Carburetor Cleaner cleans by dissolving carburetor residue that interferes with engine performance. As a result, the engine will be more responsive to an easy start and smoother operation. This will help you reduce the need for engine maintenance checks over time.
Besides, the high-pressure aerosol design will remove detergent residue on dirty parts without corroding them. Its formula delivers impressive results, making it possible to clean carbs on small engines of any model.
- Compatible with many types of small engines
- Clean carburetors, chokes and any other metal parts
- Reduce downtime
- Works effectively on carburetors and other metal parts
- Fast cleaning, reducing engine downtime
- Improved engine stability
- Works quickly to dissolve all dirt
- Produced by a reputable brand
- A high-pressure spray will remove detergent residue
- Good price
- Not suitable for large engines
- Must be correctly applied to work
- Safety on plastic or rubber parts is not guaranteed
- No straws included for accuracy
|Dimensions||1 x 7 x 8 inches|
|Brand Names||Briggs & Stratton|
8. Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner
(Best for Sophisticated Parts)
If you have trouble getting rid of dirt and other deposits on your carburetor, this exclusive formula will remove debris in just minutes.
Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner is a powerful formula uniquely built to deliver excellent results. The low viscosity formula makes it easy to flow into every corner, providing an excellent cleaning effect for all parts of your carburetor.
Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner will go through all ports and inlet valves, removing sediment and other compounds that can restrict the flow of fuel as it moves into the combustion chamber. Plus, this cleaning liquid ensures no damage to the carb components, so it’s safer to handle sophisticated mechanical parts.
Also, you can apply Genuine Ford PM-2 Carburetor Cleaner solution, which can easily remove varnish and other residues from metal surfaces. The solvents in the formulation are highly effective and can break down stains and deep deposits.
- Smoothly flows into every nook and cranny to help clean all parts in the carburetor
- Highly effective for deep stains and deposits
- The included user guide will help you
- Remove debris in just a few minutes
- It is safer to handle sophisticated mechanical parts
- Ideal for cleaning steel and cast iron parts
- The spray design provides you with easy application
- Easy to flow into every corner
- Flexible use
- Not compatible with diesel engine systems
|Dimensions||9.25 x 2.52 x 2.52 inches|
9. Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip
(Best Concentrated Dip)
If you love immersion carburetor cleaners, then Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip will give you exceptional cleaning results. This formula is very concentrated, so you have to mix it with water to make the perfect solution.
Yamalube will clean all internal parts as well as the outer parts of the carburetor. The formula breaks down old fuel sludge from all carburetor components, helping the device save maximum fuel and input air.
Besides, the formula contains high-quality solvents that will help you remove even soaked stains. This cleaning property gives the Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip the ability to clean both clogged carburetor tubes and wash away dirt.
Moreover, the finished metal and aluminum surfaces can also be cleaned when immersed directly in the solution. Yamalube Carburetor Cleaner Dip comes with mixing instructions, so you should have no trouble mixing it with water.
- Convenient chem-dip method
- Friendly carburetor and engine parts
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Comes with mixing instructions
- The parts are perfectly cleaned but sparkle like new
- The ideal soak cleaning agent for immersion of carburetor rays
- Effective anti-sludge
- Deep cleaning and creeping in every corner
- There is no need for manual cleaning
- Make metal parts shiny
- The entire cleaning process takes time
- Not guaranteed to be a safe rubber
- The concentrated solution needs dilution
|Dimensions||2.9 x 2.9 x 3.6 inches|
10. Gumout 510021 Carburetor Cleaner
(Best Fuel Injector)
If you’re someone who doesn’t like cleaning much, Gumout 510021 Carburetor Cleaner is for you. The formula that does not require you to scrub will give you a comfortable user experience during the carburetor cleaning process.
The process works differently: you just need to add the solution to the fuel tank. Then, refill the fuel tank. When the Gumout 510021 mixture flows through the fuel system, it automatically cleans critical components such as the carburetor, ports, intake valves, and fuel injectors.
Besides, Gumout 510021 is also very effective at removing carbon deposits. It not only cleans the carburetor but also prevents dirt from building up in the future. As a result, you will cut maintenance costs because the fuel system will be clean for a long time.
Moreover, the Gumout 510021 tank is conveniently designed with a slim neck that is easily mounted on the fuel tank cap. This will allow you to pour in the detergent without wasting a single drop.
- Used for carburetors, ports, intake valves and fuel injectors
- Formula to reduce emissions
- Compatible with turbocharged engines
- Bottle form with a slim neck
- Automatically clean important parts
- The formula doesn’t require you to scrub
- Very effective at removing carbon deposits
- Maximize engine efficiency
- You will need to fill the tank with detergent regularly
|Dimensions||7.44 x 5.56 x 8.5 inches|
11. WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner
Its signature fast-acting formula from WD-40 is a carburetor cleaner that will give you incredible cleaning results. The WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner is a special dual-purpose cleaner that not only cleans the carburetor but can also clean the throttle body.
Thanks to this excellent cleaning agent, the carburetor is well ventilated to do an excellent job of controlling the flow of fuel and air into the engine system, thereby creating the perfect air-to-fuel ratio for optimal burning.
The WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner is formulated with strong solvents, able to break down even the most stubborn carbon deposits that stick on metal surfaces. Additionally, the WD-40 comes in an aerosol form that provides detergent under high pressure. As a result, unwanted stubborn deposits will be removed, leaving a clean surface.
Moreover, the WD-40 Specialist Carburetor Cleaner can help you remove stubborn stains on many different metal surfaces. However, the surface should not be painted because it can react with solvents.
- Does not affect catalytic converter and O2 sensor
- The formula features a quick effect
- Clean both carburetor and throttle body
- Provides quick start-up steps
- Improve performance at high rpm
- Clear the flow of fuel and air
- Bot affect oxygen sensors or catalytic converters
- Suitable for both old and new car life
- Prevent stagnation
- Not suitable for painted surfaces
- No straws included
12. Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment
Although not a carburetor cleaner, Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment is still a trusted cleaning solution for cars thanks to its ability to dissolve and clean the fuel residue in the fuel system, liquefy the residue. Gum residue and varnish or internal engine contaminants.
Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment keeps your engine equipment running cleaner and longer-lasting. It is a safe and effective cleaning product that helps keep all types of diesel and gas engines running at their best.
With the all-round use of all components, Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment will help to vanish rough standby, and your weekly fuel consumption rate will also be reduced.
Also, Sea Foam SF-16 Motor Treatment helps the engine start to run better and start-up easier. In particular, you can rest assured that the product is EPA registered.
- Clean injectors, carb rays
- Clean and lubricate intake valves, pistons, and cylinders
- 100% pure petroleum
- The product is EPA registered
- Clean fuel injectors and carburetor walkways
- Liquefied gum residue and varnish or internal engine contaminants
- Clean the inlet valve and chamber residue, lubricate the upper cylinder
- Works in cartridges to liquefy harmful sludge and sludge
- Dissolve and clean the fuel residue in the fuel system
- Clean timing chain tensioners and actuators, quiet lifters
- Stable gas and diesel fuel for up to 2 years
- May fall out when spilled for use
|Dimensions||2.75 x 7.5 x 2.75 inches|
|Capacity||16 Fl Oz|
|Brand Names||Sea Foam|
13. Berryman 113 Carburetor Cleaner
Berryman 113 Carburetor Cleaner includes various detergents, designed to clean many things perfectly. Specifically, this is a dedicated cleaner for cleaning carburetors and inductors.
Berryman 113 Carburetor Cleaner is in can form, is fast-acting, dries fast, and leaves no residue. You can use it to dissolve and clean gum, sludge, and varnish from the carburetor or any other parts such as the PCV valve, throttle body, and carburetor bonding.
Berryman B-12 Chemtool cleaner is also available in different sizes to suit the job you intend to do. The formula is an oxygen sensor and a safe catalytic converter.
- Clean carburetor, dissolve gum and varnish
- Add a shine to your carburetor
- VOC compliance in all 50 states
- Made in China
- Dispel all types of deposits on your carburetor
- Quick deposit elimination
- No residue
- Dries quickly and leaves no residue
- Works well on any unpainted metal parts
- No straws included
|Dimensions||2.69 x 2.69 x 8.13 inches|
|Brand Names||Berryman Products|
14. Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner
Chlorinated detergents work faster and more thoroughly, but some people don’t like this. So Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner was born for those who need a safe, non-chlorinated carb cleaner.
Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner is a cleaning formula made from low VOC solvents. Their clever combination creates remarkable cleaning results.
This powerful solvent cleans dirt, gum, varnish, sludge, and carbon deposits on carburetors, air intakes, engine cylinders, and any other metal parts.
Moreover, Gunk M4815NC Carburetor Cleaner also has a formula that dries quickly and leaves no residue. It is also a product that complies with 50 states because of its volatile organic compound formulation.
- Non-chlorinated formula
- Clean dirt, gum, varnish, sludge and carbon deposits
- Works on carburetors, air intakes, engine cylinders, and any metal parts
- Low VOC solvent complies with 50 states
- It is safer because it is not chlorinated
- Eliminate mud, dirt, gum, and varnish
- Dries quickly without leaving any residue
- Comply with all states because of its volatile organic compound formulation
- Doesn’t work as fast as chlorinated detergents
- Does not come with extension straw
|Dimensions||3 x 3 x 8 inches|
15. Johnsen’s Non-VOC Carburetor Cleaner
Johnsen’s Non-VOC Carburetor Cleaner is handy in removing many different types of stains. It is formulated with strong solvents that break down both sludge and varnish.
Furthermore, Johnsen’s can be applied to a wide range of components in the engine compartment. Thus, just one purchase will provide you with the right amount of carb cleaners that you can use repeatedly.
Besides, this Johnsen’s Non-VOC Carburetor Cleaner is compatible with a wide range of engines. Also, it can effectively clean the links of the carburetor and the inlet, thus allowing the engine to deliver enhanced performance.
Moreover, Johnsen’s also boosts the flow of air and fuel, so the engine will quickly burn.
- Two sprays in one pack
- Convenient spray design
- Non-VOC formula
- Efficiently cleans the links of the carburetor and inlet
- Strong solvents can break down both sludge and varnish
- Promotes the flow of air and fuel
- Protect carb components
- Powerful potential formula
- Slightly weak cleaning properties
|Dimensions||11.25 x 10.06 x 8.56 inches|
How to Buy the Best Carburetor Cleaners?
Each carburetor cleaner has its unique characteristics, and so does. When choosing a specific carburetor cleaner, you will need to keep the following points in mind to choose the best carburetor cleaner:
The first consideration is whether the detergent’s design is easy to use. You can choose between the aerosol form or the dipping bottle type to dip the carburetor into.
You need to determine your work preference and which cleaning style is better for you. You should also consider whether your carburetor is right for the type of design you’re aiming for.
Carburetor cleaners need to be effective. It must be able to remove impurities the first time it is used.
Depending on how dirty your carburetor is, you may need a different amount of solution, but it should definitely work to remove stubborn stains to reveal the shiny clean underneath.
Chlorinated or Non-Chlorinated
You can choose to purchase a chlorinated carburetor cleaner or buy one that is not chlorinated.
Chlorinated carburetor cleaners generally have a more robust and more rapid effect, but they are also quite abrasive. Lighter non-chlorinated detergents should get the job done more slowly but are more environmentally friendly.
You will also need to determine if your area has a ban on the sale of chlorinated detergents.
Safe on Many Materials
When cleaning the carburetor, you definitely don’t want to destroy non-metal parts near or inside the carburetor.
Therefore, you should choose safe cleaners for many materials such as plastics, rubber, paint metals, etc. makes the job much more comfortable and doesn’t damage your stuff.
Depending on your spirit of environmental protection, you can choose an eco-friendly carb cleaner with a low VOC. Besides, only this VOC must comply with the regulations where you live.
You don’t want to sit around cleaning your carburetor components for hours. So you need to choose a detergent that works quickly to avoid wasting time.
Sometimes quick-acting detergents need to be a little more strength, but not always.
You will need to bring along the carburetor cleaning tool if necessary. For that reason, the carburetor cleaner should be highly stable so that wherever you take it, it will be well preserved.
Besides the factors to consider above, you must also pay attention to choosing a reputable brand. Here are some brands you can trust:
Berryman: For 100 years in the market. Berryman makes products any motorcycle enthusiast wants to have. This brand’s cleaning products will be a great choice to refresh your carburetor.
Gunk: Has over 60 years in the field of car parts care. Gunk products take care of everything from the engine bay to the interior of your car. Gunk has both a chlorinated and non-chlorinated carburetor cleaning product to choose from.
Gumout: Active in the market since 1941, Gumout offers a wide variety of cleaning products for your car and car carb. You will not doubt the credibility and effectiveness of Gumort’s products.
Steps to Clean Your Carburetor
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you clean an ordinary carburetor of all your engine types:
Step 1: Wear goggles and gloves
Most carburetor cleaners, no matter how mild, are harmful to both eyes and skin, so you should wear goggles and gloves during the cleaning process. If the solution gets on your body, wash it thoroughly with water.
Step 2: Remove the Carburetor
Depending on the engine, there will be different carburetors, simple ones, and slightly more complex ones.
Some types require you to disconnect the carburetor from the engine first. In that case, you will have to remove all hoses, links, springs, and separate the carburetor from the engine.
For most cars, you don’t need to separate the carburetor from the engine, as you can open it on the spot while still connected.
Step 3: Disassemble the carburetor parts
You need to disassemble the carburetor parts for the best possible cleaning.
First, you need to remove the float, including any bolts, washers, O-rings, and other parts, depending on your carburetor build.
You also need to keep any rubber or plastic parts separate as some carb cleaners contain chemicals that can damage these materials over time.
Step 4: Clean
Clean your carburetor inside and out. If you choose to do topical cleaning, you must use aerosol cleaners. You can use a cloth or a soft brush to clean some of the details after spraying the solution.
If you have removed the carbs from the engine, then you can use a soak cleaning solution. Just immerse all of the carburetors in the solution for a few minutes, and the cleaning process is complete.
Step 5: Reinstall as before
Once you find your carburetor clean and dry, you need to reassemble and reinstall the parts in the engine in the same order as when you removed them.
After reconnecting everything, start your engine to make sure it works, and you’re done.
Please refer to some frequently asked questions and answers below to find useful information for cleaning your carburetor:
My Top Pick
By the end of this detailed review of carburetor detergents, you can see a wide variety of products with different formulations, effects, and application methods.
Berryman 0996 Chem-Dip Carburetor Cleaner is my top pick for best carburetor cleaning because its fast-acting formula provides a quick cut out of carbon contaminants. With its unique non-chlorine formulation for the environment and a safe low VOC for health, I recommend this product the best.
Now it’s your turn to make a choice, depending on your unique needs and personal preferences. Do not hesitate to share it with me in the comments section!