With the help of one of the products in this list of the 15 best upright vacuum cleaners, you will find it considerably easier to clean your house thoroughly, regardless of how big it can be.
So, why is finding a suitable upright vacuum cleaner so important?
First, a vacuum with features designed for your needs would make the experience with the product much more favorable.
Moreover, even though upright vacuums boast the same design, they still have different characteristics that make them more suitable for specific tasks. This means that the ideal product for one person might not necessarily be the same for you.
With all of that being said, let’s get started on my review for all the most outstanding upright vacuums.
- Top 15 Best Commercial Carpet Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 18 Best Eureka Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 14 Best Mini Vacuum Cleaners To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floors To Buy 2021
- The 15 Best Suction Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 11 Best Vacuum Cleaners with Adjustable Height in 2021
- Top 15 Best Miele Vacuums To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Shop Vacs for Dust Collection Reviews in 2021
- Why Should We Use Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
- Who Makes The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
- A Comparison Chart For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- What Are The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
- My Review For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- 1. Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Eureka AirSpeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Orfeld Cordless Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. Shark Navigator NV352 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. Bissell Big Green Commercial PowerForce BGU1451T Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 8. Sanitaire SL4110 Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Shark Navigator Zero-M ZU62 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 10. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-away NV752 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 11. Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 12. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 13. Shark ION P50 – IC162 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 14. Hoover Air BH50111 Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 15. Dyson Upright Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Buying Guide For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
- My Top Pick
Why Should We Use Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
What is it about upright vacuum cleaners that make so many people rush to buy them instead of other types of vacuums? Well, here’s a brief explanation why.
To start with, upright vacuum cleaners are generally more affordable than most other types of vacuums.
Furthermore, these models usually have a much wider cleaning path, allowing them to cover more ground when cleaning. As a result, upright vacuums can considerably cut down on cleaning time.
Upright vacuum cleaners also are more suitable for deep-cleaning carpets and area rugs, especially when it comes to bagged models.
Last but not least, upright vacuums tend to have an upright and freestanding design. This means that these products can stand up on their own for easier storage.
Who Makes The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
Before diving headfirst into my reviews for the best upright vacuum cleaners, you might want to learn some of the trustworthy names when it comes to these products.
Hoover: Renowned for the durability and quality their products can offer, Hoover offers a wide range of upright vacuum cleaners for you to choose from. Whatever it is that you need, I’m sure you can find it in Hoover.
Eureka: Famous for their stick and upright vacuums, Eureka will provide you with powerful and lightweight cleaners. Furthermore, Eureka vacuum cleaners usually come at an affordable price without sacrificing the quality.
Bissell: Providing a wide variety of vacuum cleaners, Bissell seeks to “take the hassle out of everyday cleaning.” Like Eureka, Bissell products are usually reasonably priced while still being of high quality.
Shark: One of the best brands when it comes to vacuum cleaners; Shark offers many types of models with state-of-the-art technology and top-notch features.
Oreck: Producing vacuum cleaners of high standards, Oreck will give you premium upright vacuums that are lightweight yet extremely powerful.
A Comparison Chart For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
I firmly believe the first step to discovering the best upright vacuum cleaners is to at least have a general overview of all the available products. Therefore, I’ve made this comparison chart to help you.
|Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners||Item Weight||Vacuum Type||Cord Length||Dust Capacity||Warranty|
|Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Overall||17 pounds||Bagless||30 feet||1.5 liters||5 years|
|Eureka AirSpeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Budget||7.7 pounds||Bagless||18 feet||2.7 liters||100 days|
|Orfeld Cordless Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Seniors||6.6 pounds||Bagless||Cordless||2-3 cups||12 months|
|Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Pet Hair||15.4 pounds||Bagless||25 feet||2 liters||2 years|
|Shark Navigator NV352 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Hardwood Floors||8.7 pounds||Bagless||25 feet||Not specified||5 years|
|Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best with Bag||9 pounds||Bagged||35 feet||XL||1 year|
|Bissell Big Green Commercial PowerForce BGU1451T Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best with Attachments||12 pounds||Bagged||30 feet||1.5 gallons||1 year|
|Sanitaire SL4110 Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Carpets||16.66 pounds||Bagged||30 feet||3 quarts||1 year|
|Shark Navigator Zero-M ZU62 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Long Hair||21.4 pounds||Bagless||25 feet||2.8 quarts||5 years|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-away NV752 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Stairs||15.4 pounds||Bagless||30 feet||1.5 quarts||5 years|
|Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best with Retractable Cord||10pounds||Bagless||25 feet||4 liters||2 years|
|Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best with Shut-off Brush||20.3 pounds||Bagged||30 feet||Not specified||2 years|
|Shark ION P50 - IC162 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best with HEPA Filter||12 pounds||Bagless||Cordless||0.54 quarts||5 years|
|Hoover Air BH50111 Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner||9.6 pounds||Bagless||Cordless||Not specified||5 years|
|Dyson Upright Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum Cleaner||15.6 pounds||Bagless||31 feet||0.42 gallon||5 years|
What Are The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners?
The best upright vacuum cleaners are the Hoover MAXLife and the Shark Navigator NV352 because of their highly efficient performance. The Hoover also comes with a HEPA filter and the Shark NV352 is equipped with an anti-allergen seal for better air quality.
However, depending on your needs and preferences, the best upright vacuum cleaners might vary. Therefore, you can check out my recommendations to learn which product would be the most suitable one for you.
- Best Overall – Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Ideal for multiple surfaces, multi-purpose pet tools, efficient HEPA filter, run like new three times longer, easy-to-empty dust cup, on/off brush roll.”
- Best for Budget – Eureka AirSpeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Quick release handle, powerful suction, lightweight and compact design, attachments included, large dust cup, bristle brush included.”
- Best for Seniors – Orfeld Cordless Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Powerful 2200mah battery, 40-minute runtime, 180-degree folding handle, compact and lightweight, ultra-quiet operation.”
- Best for Pet Hair – Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Multi-cyclonic suction system, no loss of suction power, multi-level filtration, long hose and extension wand included.”
- Best for Hardwood Floors – Shark Navigator NV352 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Powered lift-away technology, anti-allergen complete seal, shut-off brush roll, swivel steering technology, highly durable.”
- Best with Bag – Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“High-speed vacuuming, lightweight, automatic floor adjustment, low profile design, wide cleaning path, top-fill design for no loss of suction power.”
- Best with Attachments – Bissell Big Green Commercial PowerForce BGU1451T Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Three-stage filtration system, cyclonic cleaning, wide cleaning radius, large cleaning path width, easy to use and assemble.”
- Best for Carpets – Sanitaire SL4110 Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Commercially rated, disposable 3-quart bag, 13-inch cleaning path width, 5 height adjustment settings, compact and lightweight design.”
- Best for Long Hair – Shark Navigator Zero-M ZU62 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Self-cleaning brush roll, nonstop hair removal to prevent hair wraps, large dust cup, anti-allergen complete seal technology, HEPA filter included.”
- Best for Stairs – Shark Rotator Powered Lift-away NV752 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Powered lift-away technology, anti-allergen complete seal technology, HEPA filter included, easy fingertip controls.”
- Best with Retractable Cord – Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Lightweight design, multi-surface vacuum, 5 height adjustment settings, arrives with on-board accessories, washable dust cup.”
- Best with Shut-off Brush – Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Wind Tunnel technology, foot activated brush roll, HEPA Media filtration system, 5 floor adjustment settings, accessories included.”
- Best with HEPA Filter – Shark ION P50 – IC162 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“50 minutes runtime, anti-allergen Complete Seal, HEPA filter included, powered lift-away feature, DuoClean technology.”
My Review For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
To find out what the best upright vacuum cleaners are, you will need more than a simple description. Therefore, in the section below, I will go over all the important aspects of these vacuums to help you understand them better.
1. Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Powerful and efficient, the Hoover MAXlife proves to be an outstanding candidate among the best of the best upright vacuum cleaners. Designed to tackle various surfaces such as hard floors and carpets, this vacuum boasts excellent versatility.
Arriving with multi-purpose pet tools, this upright vacuum cleaner can effortlessly take on even the most stubborn pet hair and dirt on your furniture, stairs, as well as hard-to-reach areas.
Furthermore, the Hoover MAXLife boasts an excellent HEPA media filtration, which can securely capture and contain up to 99% of all dust and allergens. In addition, its filter can also reduce and eliminate odor for better air quality.
That’s not all; the Hoover MAXLife is also specifically designed to last considerably longer than your average upright vacuums. Capable of running like new 3 times longer, this model promises long-lasting suction with minimal maintenance needed.
- Ideal for multiple surfaces
- Multi-purpose pet tools
- Efficient HEPA filter
- Run like new 3 times longer
- This vacuum features a large and easy-to-empty dust cup for optimal cleaning convenience.
- The model is designed to be easy to steer and maneuver around furniture and narrow spaces.
- The on/off brush roll allows you to easily transition between cleaning surfaces.
- The product features a quick release wand for you to clean above-floor areas.
- The advanced action brush roll of the vacuum can guarantee deep-clean on all surfaces as well as a notable reduction in hair wraps.
- Thanks to the vacuum’s headlights, you will find it easier to notice hidden debris and dirt in dark corners.
- The vacuum is rather heavy.
|Product Dimensions||11.5 x 12.5 x 45 inches|
|Surface Recommended||Hard floor, carpet, dual action|
|Included components||Dusting brush accessory, hose,|
You can check out the unboxing of the Hoover MAXLife in the following video:
2. Eureka AirSpeed Ultra-Lightweight Compact Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Budget)
One of the most affordable upright vacuum cleaners, the Eureka Airspeed defies the notion that cheap products mean low quality. Owing to its powerful suction and lightweight design, this product will make cleaning quick and effortless.
Featuring a quick release handle, the Eureka AirSpeed allows you to tackle above-floor areas. You can simply attach the crevice tool or a dusting brush to the wand to tackle surfaces such as windows, ceiling, upholstery, etc.
What’s more, this product also offers a wide cleaning path of up to 10.5 inches wide to reduce cleaning time. Combining this with the powerful suction that can deep clean even plush carpets, you will be able to finish cleaning quickly.
Furthermore, this upright vacuum boasts a compact design that makes storing it in tight spaces a piece of cake. In addition to this, the washable filter will cut down on the need for maintenance costs.
- Quick release handle
- Powerful suction
- Lightweight and compact design
- Attachments included
- The large dust cup ensures that you can clean in long sessions without interruptions.
- The vacuum provides excellent maneuverability, even around various obstacles.
- The vacuum’s head features a bristle brush to lift debris and extract dirt from various surfaces.
- The product comes with several accessories.
- The vacuum might have slight difficulties moving on thick carpets.
|Product Dimensions||11.42 x 11.93 x 41.43 inches|
|Surface Recommended||Hard floor, carpet, upholstery|
|Included Components||Extra filter, crevice tool, quick release handle, extended hose, upholstery tool, dusting brush|
3. Orfeld Cordless Lightweight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Seniors)
Weighing only 6.6 pounds and exceptionally user-friendly, the Orfeld cordless upright vacuum cleaner is ideal for senior users. With at least 40 minutes of runtime, this product can clean up to 120 square meters in one go.
The first thing you will notice about this vacuum cleaner is its 180 degrees folding handle design. This means that the handle can freely rotate and fold all the way down to go under furniture and beds so that you don’t have to bend down.
Additionally, the product can also swivel 180 degrees sideways and 90 degrees up and down for easier cleaning in corners and around obstacles. As a result, you will find cleaning with this upright vacuum cleaner a breeze.
Furthermore, this upright vacuum cleaner can be converted into a handheld unit, allowing you to tackle above-floor areas without straining your muscle. Additionally, the cordless design also offers hassle-free cleaning.
- Powerful 2200mah battery
- 40 minutes runtime
- 180-degree folding handle
- Compact and lightweight
- The vacuum can guarantee ultra-quiet operation.
- The model is designed to be self-standing, ensuring easy storage and charging.
- The product features an easy-empty dust cup.
- This upright vacuum comes at an affordable price.
- The ultra-wide motor brush can shorten the time needed for cleaning.
- The model can perform exceptionally well on all floors.
- The vacuum can take quite long to recharge.
|Product Dimensions||25.4 x 9.1 x 7.5 inches|
|Surface Recommendation||Hard floors, carpets|
|Battery Required||1 lithium ion battery required (included)|
|Included Components||1 Orflex 4-in-1 upright vacuum|
4. Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Pet Hair)
For something as stubborn and annoying as pet hair, you might want to get a vacuum cleaner like the Bissell Cleanview. Boasting a powerful suction and an innovative design, the vacuum is potent enough to clean most surfaces in the first pass.
With its multi-cyclonic suction system, the Bissell Cleanview 1831 will not lose its suction power in the long run. Furthermore, this cyclonic technology also forces all the captured dust and debris to stay trapped in the dirt bin.
What’s more, this upright vacuum cleaner also features a multi-level filtration as well as a washable filter, which is capable of reducing the amount of dust and allergens around the house.
- Multi-cyclonic suction system
- No loss of suction power
- Multi-level filtration
- The model can clean pet hair without getting clogged.
- The vacuum comes with a long hose and an extension wand for better reach.
- The product comes with a turbo brush, which can agitate and lift stubborn hair and grimes.
- Thanks to its lightweight design, this vacuum can be carried around with ease.
- The rotating brush is quite abrasive, making it unsuitable for delicate carpets.
|Product Dimensions||13.2 x 13.5 x 44 inches|
|Surface Recommended||Upholstery, bare floors, carpet, stairs, low pile carpet, sealed hard floors|
|Included Components||Vacuum base, vacuum hose, vacuum tools, vacuum handle|
(Best for Hardwood Floors)
With its dual action technology, the Shark Navigator NV352 is an excellent choice for households with hardwood floors. Lightweight yet exceptionally powerful, this vacuum cleaner boasts a power engine of up to 1200 watts.
The most outstanding feature of this upright vacuum cleaner is its powered lift-away technology. This means that you can lift the canister away from the main unit to clean hard-to-reach and high areas.
What’s more, the Shark Navigator NV352 boasts an anti-allergen complete seal technology as well as a HEPA filter. As a result, the vacuum can effectively trap all dust and allergens inside its dust bin.
That’s not all; this lightweight vacuum cleaner also features a shut-off brush roll, which allows you to tackle both bare floors as well as thick carpets. Therefore, you will get to clean all surfaces with the Shark Navigator.
- Powered lift-away technology
- Anti-allergen complete seal
- Shut-off brush roll
- The vacuum has swivel steering technology, which provides outstanding control and maneuverability.
- The model can provide a smooth transition between surfaces.
- The product can easily clean hair without getting clogged.
- The materials used for making this product are of high quality, thus ensuring better durability and sturdiness.
- It can be hard to securely attach the suction hose.
|Product Dimensions||15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Hardwood floors, dual action|
|Included Accessories||Wide upholstery tool, 24’’ crevice tool, 5.5’’ crevice tool, dusting brush|
If you’re up to seeing a video test of this upright vacuum cleaner, you can click on the following link:
6. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with Bag)
If you prefer upright vacuums with bags, the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS would be the best choice for you. Powerful and capable of vacuuming at high speed, the vacuum can easily clean a large area in a short amount of time.
Despite its seemingly bulky appearance, the Oreck Commercial XL21000RHS is quite featherlight. Weighing at only 9 pounds, the vacuum also comes with a Helping Hand handle to better maneuverability.
Furthermore, this upright vacuum cleaner also boasts automatic floor adjustment, which means that the model can seamlessly move between carpets and hard surfaces.
- High-speed vacuuming
- Automatic floor adjustment
- Low profile design
- The vacuum has a wide cleaning path for quicker cleaning time.
- Thanks to its low-profile design, the vacuum cleaner can effortlessly reach under furniture.
- The vacuum comes with a large 630-cubic-inch bag to reduce your exposure to allergens and dust.
- Thanks to its cord guard, the vacuum’s cord will be less likely to be damaged.
- The top-fill design of the bag will guarantee that the vacuum will experience no loss of suction.
- The vacuum’s metal handle can be quite fragile.
|Product Dimensions||3 x 13 x 35 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Carpet, laminate floor, wooden floor, bare floor, tile floor|
|Included Components||1 upright vacuum, 1 dust bag|
|Specification Met||Certified Frustration-free|
Before buying this vacuum cleaner, you might want to have a look at the following video for a quick product test:
7. Bissell Big Green Commercial PowerForce BGU1451T Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with Attachments)
Arriving with a wide range of ready-to-use attachments, the Bissell Big Green will ensure that you can take on many surfaces such as bare floors, upholstered furniture, high carpets, and more.
Equipped with a three-stage filtration system as well as a cyclonic cleaning technology, this heavy-duty upright vacuum cleaner can effortlessly remove all dirt and debris from every single nook and corner.
Furthermore, the Bissell Big Green also comes with an extension wand, a long power cord, and up to five surface height settings. This means that you can trust this vacuum to thoroughly and effectively cover a wide radius.
- Three-stage filtration system
- Cyclonic cleaning
- Wide cleaning radius
- The vacuum has a large cleaning path width of 13’’ for better coverage.
- This model is easy to use and assemble.
- Thanks to its lightweight design, the vacuum allows you to carry it around without experiencing fatigue.
- The vacuum’s bag can get rather smelly.
|Product Dimensions||13 x 13 x 43.5 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Bare floor, carpets, upholstered furniture|
|Included Components||Power cord, crevice tool, and dusting brush|
If you wish to have a closer look at this upright vacuum cleaner, this video would prove to be informative to you:
8. Sanitaire SL4110 Professional Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Carpets)
Specifically designed to tackle tough surfaces like carpet and upholstery, the Sanitaire SL4110 is a commercial-rated vacuum that makes cleaning simple. With a 30-foot radius, the product will ensure that every corner of your house is spotlessly clean.
Arriving with a disposable bag of up to 3 quarts, the Sanitaire SL4110 is capable of holding large volumes of dirt and debris. Furthermore, the vacuum’s bagged design can also reduce your exposure to dust and other types of allergens.
What’s more, this bagged upright vacuum has a cleaning path width of up to 13 inches, thus reducing the time needed for vacuuming. Additionally, the 5 height adjustment settings enable the unit to take on various kinds of carpets.
The Sanitaire SL4110 also arrives with several on-board tools such as the crevice tool, a dusting brush, upholstery tool, and an extension wand. As a result, the unit can take on more surfaces and areas than you can imagine.
- Disposable 3-quart bag
- 13-inch cleaning path width
- 5 height adjustment settings
- The vacuum’s compact and lightweight design allows it to be carried around the house without causing muscle strain and fatigue.
- The vacuum is easy to use and assemble.
- The vacuum offers excellent maneuverability around various obstacles and furniture.
- The product’s suction power is strong enough for deep-cleaning.
- The vacuum is not suitable for heavy-duty use.
|Product Dimensions||12 x 13 x 44.2 inches|
|Included Components||Crevice, dusting brush, upholstery tool, extension wand|
(Best for Long Hair)
Implemented with a Zero-M self-cleaning brush roll, the Shark Navigator ZU62 is capable of nonstop hair removal to prevent clogs and hair wrap. As a result, this upright vacuum cleaner is undoubtedly the best choice for cleaning long hair.
Thanks to its potent suction power, the Shark Navigator ZU62 can effortlessly deep clean various surfaces. This means that embedded hair, debris, dirt, or allergen will not be able to pose a single trouble to this fantastic vacuum.
Furthermore, this self-cleaning upright vacuum cleaner comes with a 3XL-capacity dust cup, allowing you to engage in long cleaning sessions without frequent interruptions. Cleaning the whole house can’t get any easier than this.
What’s more, the Shark Navigator ZU62 is also equipped with an anti-allergen complete seal technology as well as a HEPA filter. As a result, the unit is capable of trapping all dust and allergens inside its dust cup.
- Self-cleaning brush roll
- Non-stop hair removal to prevent hair wraps
- Large dust cup
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- HEPA filter included
- The vacuum is designed to be lightweight for optimal portability and maneuverability.
- The product’s extendable hose can give you up to 12 feet of reach in total so that you can tackle the above-floor areas.
- The dynamic swivel steering implemented in the vacuum can give you maximum control over the unit.
- The vacuum’s top is rather heavy, making it easier to tip over when pulled.
|Product Dimensions||9.84 x 11.97 x 45.28 inches|
|Included Components||1 upright vacuum, dust filter|
10. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-away NV752 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Stairs)
Are you trying to look for an upright vacuum that can take on tough areas like stairs? Look no further with the Shark Rotator NV752, which boasts a powered lift-away technology to give you an extended reach for cleaning stairs and above-floor areas.
Being Shark’s original full-sized powered lift-away, the Rotator NV752 allows you to detect the canister from its main unit to take on hard-to-reach areas while still capable of delivering the most powerful suction strength and spinning brush roll.
What’s more, this powered lift-away upright vacuum is implemented with the brand’s signature anti-allergen complete seal technology. Additionally, the vacuum also comes with a HEPA filter for better dust filtration and better air quality.
That’s not all; the Shark Rotator NV752 also boasts user-friendly fingertip controls, which let you seamlessly transition from cleaning hard floors to carpet and vice versa. This means that this vacuum can take on virtually any surface.
- Powered lift-away technology
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- HEPA filter included
- Easy fingertip controls
- The vacuum comes with several attachments to help you clean many surfaces.
- The product is equipped with a large dust cup to reduce interruptions during cleaning.
- Equipped with powerful LED lights, this upright vacuum cleaner can help you notice hidden dirt and debris in dark corners.
- The model’s dynamic swivel steering can give you impressive control over the product for maximum maneuverability around obstacles.
- This vacuum is powerful enough to clean stubborn and long hair.
- The vacuum’s canister tends to tip over.
|Product Dimensions||13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches|
|LED lights||On floor nozzle and handle|
|Included Components||12’’ crevice tool, pet power brush, pet multi-tool|
Still having difficulties deciding whether this product is for you? You can have a look at this video for a thorough demonstration of the vacuum:
11. Eureka NEU180B Lightweight Powerful Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with Retractable Cord)
Arriving with a long and retractable power cord, the EUreka NEU180B will make cleaning large areas an effortless job. Furthermore, with its lightweight design, the product can be easily carried around the house.
Thanks to its five height adjustment settings, this multi-surface vacuum is capable of taking on surfaces such as hardwood floors, area rugs, carpets, and even tile floors. Therefore, you can trust this vacuum to clean every single room in your home.
What’s more, the Eureka NEU180B also comes with a wide range of accessories such as an extra-long crevice tool, an upholstery tool, and a dusting brush. These accessories can all be stored on-board for easy and space-saving storage.
- Lightweight design
- Multi-surface vacuum
- 5 height adjustment settings
- Arrives with on-board accessories
- The vacuum comes with a washable dust cup and a rinsable filter to cut down on maintenance costs.
- The product’s extra large dust cup can reduce the need for emptying between uses.
- The vacuum has a 12.6-inch-wide floor nozzle, allowing you to cover more surface area in less time.
- The model comes with a deluxe stretch hose so that you can have easier access to hard-to-clean areas.
- This vacuum cleaner can be rather loud and noisy.
|Product Dimensions||13.4 x 13.78 x 44.5 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Hard floors, dual action, carpet|
|Accessories||Crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, quick release handle, extended hose|
I’m aware that this isn’t much, but maybe this video might be helpful to you:
12. Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Tempo Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with Shut-off Brush)
Equipped with a foot activated button to switch the brush roll on and off, this upright vacuum cleaner from Hoover is one of the best choices for models with a shut-off brush. Therefore, this model can seamlessly transition between carpets and floors.
Thanks to its highly efficient HEPA Media filtration system, the Hoover WindTunnel can trap up to 99.7% of all dust, dirt, pollen, and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns inside its dust bag for better air quality.
Furthermore, this upright vacuum cleaner boasts up to 5 floor height adjustment settings, allowing you to move between hard floors as well as carpets of various degrees of thickness with relative ease.
That’s not all; the Hoover Wind Tunnels also arrives with various accessories like the air-powered hand tool, an upholstery tool, a crevice tool, as well as an 8-foot hose. As a result, you will be able to tackle virtually any area around your house.
- Wind Tunnel technology
- Foot activated brush roll
- HEPA Media filtration system
- 5 floor height adjustment settings
- The vacuum is equipped with WindTunnel technology, which can create various channels of suction of maximum suction strength.
- Thanks to its long cord and hose, the vacuum can cover a wide range of surface area.
- The HEPA bag can securely trap all captured dust for allergen-free and mess-free dust disposal.
- The vacuum is easy to assemble and use.
- The vacuum’s operation is pretty noisy.
|Product Dimensions||32.4 x 16.9 x 12 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Hard floors, carpet, and upholstery|
|Included Components||Air powered hand tool, crevice tool, extension wand, upholstery tool, and 8-foot hose|
13. Shark ION P50 – IC162 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best with HEPA Filter)
If you need a bagless vacuum cleaner with an efficient HEPA filter, you’ve come to the right place. With the Shark ION P50 – IC162, you will be able to eliminate all dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns around your house to improve the air’s quality.
Thanks to its removable and rechargeable battery, this cordless upright vacuum cleaner boasts an impressive runtime of 50 minutes. This means that you can easily deep clean all your house before the unit’s battery even has a chance to run out.
Furthermore, the Shark ION P50 boasts a powered lift-away feature, which offers up to three modes of cleaning. This includes upright vacuum mode for deep-cleaning floors and carpets, stick vacuum mode, as well as handheld vacuum mode.
That’s not all, the Shark ION P50 also features DuoClean Technology, which combines two brush rolls into one powerhead to eliminate fine dust as well as large debris on both carpets and hard floors.
- 50 minutes runtime
- Anti-allergen Complete Seal
- HEPA filter included
- Powered lift-away feature
- DuoClean Technology
- The vacuum boasts a highly efficient anti-allergen complete seal technology and a HEPA filter to trap 99.99% of dust inside its dust cup.
- The model has a large dust cup for continual cleaning.
- Thanks to its freestanding design, storing the vacuum is easy and effortless.
- The product offers outstanding maneuverability.
- The vacuum is designed to be as user-friendly as possible.
- The lifespan of the vacuum’s battery is quite short.
|Product Dimensions||10.24 x 12.45 x 44.8 inches|
|Dust Cup Capacity||0.54 quarts|
|Battery Required||1 lithium ion battery required (included)|
|Specific Uses For Product||Hard floors, dual-action, carpet|
Still not convinced? Why not have a look at the following video for a quick demonstration of the vacuum’s performance?
14. Hoover Air BH50111 Cordless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you want a lightweight and efficient upright vacuum cleaner for a quick cleaning, you can consider getting the Hoover Air BH50111. With its lithium life battery technology, the model boasts 25-minute fade-free runtime on carpets and hard floors.
Implemented with the Wind Tunnel 3 technology, the Hoover Air BH50111 utilizes up to three channels of suction to extract debris and embedded dirt from deep within various surfaces such as carpets, hardwood floors, area rugs, etc.
Furthermore, this cordless upright vacuum cleaner has a high-capacity dust cup for interruption-free cleaning sessions. Additionally, the dust cup also boasts a simplistic design that allows you to easily empty it without dirtying your hands.
- 25-minute runtime
- Wind Tunnel 3 technology
- High-capacity dust cup
- The vacuum has a steerable design so that you can maneuver it around obstacles and furniture.
- The product comes with accessories for ease of cleaning.
- Thanks to its cordless and lightweight design, the vacuum can guarantee hassle-free cleaning.
- The battery’s lifespan is rather short.
|Product Dimensions||10 x 11.5 x 44 inches|
|Recommended Surface||Upholstery, bare floors, carpets|
|Included Components||Crevice tool, furniture|
15. Dyson Upright Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Implemented with a self-adjusting cleaner head, the Dyson upright vacuum cleaner can effortlessly switch between one surface to another. Highly versatile, the unit can take on areas such as hardwood floors, rugs, vinyl, and tile floors.
Seeking to create a cleaner and healthier environment in the home, the Dyson upright vacuum has been scientifically proven to be capable of trapping fine dust particles, allergens, and bacterias.
What’s more, the vacuum also boasts an instant release wand, which is ideal for cleaning high areas as well as under low furniture. Combining this with a long-reach hose, you’ll have a vacuum ideal for floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- Capable of capturing microscopic particles
- Instant release wand
- The dust bin can be emptied with a simple push of a button.
- The vacuum’s ball technology allows it to maneuver easily around furniture and tight corners.
- The vacuum is compact and lightweight in design.
- You can easily assemble this model without any experience or expertise.
- The vacuum is not very efficient when cleaning thick carpets.
|Product Dimensions||15.59 x 13.39 x 41.93 inches|
|Battery Required||1 lithium ion battery required|
|Specific Uses For Product||Hard floors, carpets, and dual action|
|Is Assembly Required?||Yes|
You can learn how to assemble this vacuum cleaner and see how it works by checking out this video:
Buying Guide For The Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
To buy the best upright vacuum cleaners, you should be properly informed of all the important aspects of these products.
Vacuum Types: Upright vacuum cleaners can be divided into two main types – bagged and bagless. While both models can offer efficient performance and strong suction power, they still somewhat differ.
Power Cord: Another crucial thing you need to keep in mind while buying upright vacuum cleaners is its power cord length. With a long power cord, you will be able to cover more ground and take on areas such as stairs more easily.
Cord Or Cordless: You should also consider whether you prefer a corded or cordless model.
A corded can deliver longer performance with better consistency, however, its cleaning radius is rather limited and it’s not as versatile and flexible as cordless models.
Dust Cup/Filter Bag Capacity: Whether you’re buying a bagged or a bagless upright vacuum, you should go for those with a large capacity. This will allow you to engage in long cleaning sessions without interruption.
Furthermore, for bagged upright vacuums, you can consider choosing a filter bag with a top-fill design, which will ensure that the vacuum does not lose its suction power even when the bag is full.
Weight: Generally, upright vacuums are heavier than other types of vacuums. Therefore, you might want to be on the lookout for lightweight products to reduce muscle strain and fatigue when you’re cleaning.
Filtration: As you might have noticed, some upright vacuums are equipped with an anti-allergen filtration while some aren’t. If you’re particularly sensitive to dust and allergen, you should opt for those with an anti-allergen filtration and HEPA filter.
Suction Power: It’s important that your vacuum should have a decent suction power so that it can tackle tough cleaning tasks. To evaluate how strong the unit’s suction power would be, you can look at its motor power and wattage.
Maneuverability: Another equally important aspect you should pay attention to is the product’s maneuverability. For instance, the upright vacuum should be lightweight enough that you’ll feel comfortable handing it.
Also, some upright vacuums are implemented with swivel head or user-friendly wheels that allow you to easily maneuver the unit with ease. Therefore, if you have maneuverability in mind, you should look for products with these features.
Before I finish my review for the best upright vacuums, I will answer some burning questions you might have about them.
My Top Pick
When it comes to upright vacuum cleaners, my top recommendation is always the Hoover MAXLife Pro Pet Swivel HEPA Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Not only does it boast outstanding suction power, but it’s also equipped with a HEPA filter for people with allergies.
Hopefully, my reviews have been informative enough to help you find what you came for. If you find my review to be helpful, you can forward this to who you think might need it. Or if you still need anything from me, you can leave a comment and let me know.