Choosing the best lightweight vacuum cleaner for the elderly is an effective way to help the elderly complete their home care tasks with minimal effort. Inherently normal jobs also become more difficult as the age increases, requiring a change in selecting product criteria.
For the elderly, it is even more essential to clean the house to reduce the risks of respiratory and allergic diseases, but cleaning in the old way will be too tiring and dangerous.
The most reasonable solution is to find vacuum cleaners with strong suction power but does not make the elderly breathe oxygen after each use because of exhaustion.
The following vacuum cleaners are selected from all kinds of products available with the highest criteria being lightweight, only up to 8 pounds, with rich features. These lightweight vacuums will make it easy for the elderly to keep the house clean while not sacrificing their precious health.
- Top 16 Best Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Carpet Sweeper Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Cordless Vacuum For Tile Floors Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Steam Mops for Vinyl Floors To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Multi-Surface Vacuum Cleaners To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Portable Car Vacuums To Buy in 2021
- Lightweight Vacuums, Cleaning Task And The Elderly
- Is There A Perfect Type Of Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly?
- Which Are The Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners For Elderly?
- Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 15 Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly Reviews in 2021
- 1. Eureka Stylus NEC380 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 2. Bissell Featherweight 2033 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 3. Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 4. Dyson V11 Torque Drive 268731-01 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 5. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 6. Black + Decker CHV1410L Handheld Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 7. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 8. iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550 Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 9. Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 10. GOOVI by ONSON J10C Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 11. Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 12. APOSEN H250 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 13. Eureka NEU100 Airspeed Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 14. MOOSOO Upgraded K17 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- 15. Atrix AHSC-1 Canister Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
- Best Buying Guide For Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners The Elderly
- The Best Brands Of Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners For Elderly
- My Top Pick
Lightweight Vacuums, Cleaning Task And The Elderly
Every older person has different health and motor problem. Why is the lightweight feature an important factor in choosing to buy a vacuum cleaner for the elderly in general?
Considering the following most common health problems for older people alone, you’ll realize how a lightweight vacuum cleaner can help the elderly:
- Arthritis: A heavy vacuum cleaner is a challenge that people suffering from arthritis may not overcome. Of course, the elderly can only rely on lightweight vacuum cleaners to perform the basic cleaning tasks depending on their health conditions.
- Back pain, shoulder pain: Similar to arthritis, no matter what the cause, back pain and shoulder pain always obstruct the movement of the elderly.
Lightweight vacuums reduce the impact on back and shoulders, helping the elderly feel less painful when performing cleaning tasks even in long periods.
- Respiratory and cardiovascular disease: It sounds irrelevant, but heavy vacuums will quickly cause users to spend too much effort controlling or carrying them, making people with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases fatigued soon and difficult to breathe.
- General fatigue: Even without serious health problems, the elderly generally have no endurance and rapid recovery. Therefore, the lightweight vacuum cleaner will make the cleaning as easy as possible, so that the elderly can use it regularly and keep their living space clean and fresh.
While lightweight vacuums are good for the elderly to use, it should be kept in mind that handling a vacuum or any other device when health is not guaranteed can be dangerous.
Not only for the elderly, lightweight vacuum cleaners are especially useful for those with body weakness or those who appreciate compactness but efficiency.
Is There A Perfect Type Of Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly?
Each type of vacuum cleaner on the market has lightweight products suitable for the elderly with its advantages and disadvantages to meet your needs:
Upright vacuums often have strong suction power but are often heavier than other vacuum cleaners. However, some upright vacuums are relatively lightweight. Users need to check carefully about the weight parameters of the machine to avoid a too-heavy product.
Stick vacuum is one of the best vacuum cleaner options for the elderly because of their lightweight, usually only around 6 pounds or less. Most stick vacuums are cordless types, do not cause the elderly to be entangled with the power cord but have limited battery life.
This vacuum cleaner also has a strong suction power, suitable for vacuuming overhead and inaccessible areas. Most canister vacuums weigh over 10 pounds, but there are also lightweight ones suitable for the elderly.
Robot vacuums work automatically, very suitable for the elderly to clean their house because they do not need to do anything other than starting the machine and empty the dust bin.
Handheld vacuums are often designed to vacuum up small areas and with limited workloads. This vacuum type is the lightest and most portable to carry around, quite suitable for the elderly. The downside is that their power is not as strong as other types.
Which Are The Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners For Elderly?
The best lightweight vacuum cleaners for elderly are stick vacuums manufactured by Bissell, Eureka, Shark, Dyson, and robot vacuums from Eufy and iRobot, for both reasons of lightness and strong suction power.
In addition, familiar companies such as Black + Decker, ILIFE, MOOSOO also contribute with suitable products on weight criteria and attractive prices.
Many people assume that vacuums weighing less than 12 pounds can be considered lightweight vacuums, but this article carefully selected the best-performing products that weigh no more than 8 pounds. Here are the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for elderly well-known in the market:
- Best Overall: Eureka Stylus NEC380 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“The strong suction power combines three vacuuming modes, suitable for cleaning a wide variety of floor materials.”
- Best for Budget: Bissell Featherweight 2033 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“No difficulty in carrying and pushing, lightweight to clean stairs without inconvenience.”
- Best Upright: Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Provides strong suction power, perfect for quick cleaning up, powerful pet hair cleaning.”
- Best Stick: Dyson V11 Torque Drive 268731-01 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“The LCD allows easy control of equipment and cleaning process.”
- Best Robot: Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“The low noise and remote control are convenient for the elderly.”
- Best Handheld: Black + Decker CHV1410L Handheld Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Fast and simple charging with the charging base, comfortable for holding in a long time.”
- Best with Mop: ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Two functions of vacuuming and mopping in one robot vacuum, convenient for users to clean hard floors.”
- Best Self-emptying: iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550 Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Technique of self-emptying for up to 60 days.”
- Best Self-propelled: Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Large and high-performance wheels for a feeling of self-propelled.”
- Best Quiet: GOOVI by ONSON J10C Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Low noise of 55dB, equivalent to a room conversation, is not offensive to the elderly.”
- Best for Pet Hair: Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“The mini-motorized tool removes pet hair effectively, even in difficult areas.”
- Best for Hard Floors: APOSEN H250 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“The upgrade motorized floor head takes stubborn dirt and debris away and saves more time vacuuming.”
- Best for Carpet: Eureka NEU100 Airspeed Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Strong power and bristle brush inside the head for thorough carpet cleaning.”
- Best for Allergies: MOOSOO Upgraded K17 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“High-density HEPA filter purifies 99.99% of the microscopic dust and allergens.”
- Best for Stairs: Atrix AHSC-1 Canister Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
“Lightweight, perfect for stairs and carrying around the house.”
Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner Comparison Chart 2021
The basic features of the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for the elderly above are listed in the following comparison chart for you to have a more specific look at each product:
Top 15 Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly Reviews in 2021
Do not ignore the key features, pros and cons, and the user experience about the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for the elderly in this section. Here is where you find out thoroughly why a product is right for you.
1. Eureka Stylus NEC380 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
The Eureka Stylus NEC380 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly gives a harmony of the ability to fulfill users’ wishes. The lightweight combines with flexible design and ergonomic attachments expand the machine’s vacuuming ability.
This vacuum cleaner also features a front LED light system, helping the elderly see the floor that needs cleaning.
- Three cleaning modes;
- Swivel steering;
- LED headlights;
- Lay flat design;
- Runtime: 45 minutes.
- The strong suction power combines three vacuuming modes, suitable for cleaning a wide variety of floor materials;
- Recessed corner design to easily lean against other objects so as not to fall;
- Convenient 2-in-1 and lightweight design, unobstructed when cleaning overhead areas and stairs;
- LED front light makes it easy to see hidden dirt;
- The swivel steering wheel can approach the area around and below the furniture easily.
- Does not stand on its own;
- Not suitable for cleaning large house;
- The vacuum uses a wired charging socket, and the wall mount is not a docking station.
|Product dimensions||11.1 x 7.9 x 43.3 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||–|
|Surface||Carpet, hard floors|
Stick vacuums with overhead dust cups often have the disadvantage of having to lean against a wall or other object to stand up.
The Eureka Stylus NEC380 has a special recessed corner design that makes it easy to prop against countertop or furniture, which is handy if the elderly want to rest in the middle.
The video below will offer you a thorough understanding of this lightweight vacuum:
2. Bissell Featherweight 2033 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Budget)
The Bissell Featherweight 2033 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is chosen by many people for its lightweight, easy conversion to various vacuum cleaners and manufactured by a trusted brand.
In addition to being flexible for different vacuuming needs, the Bissell Featherweight 2033 also offers outstanding budget benefits.
- 3-in-1 design;
- Crevice tool;
- Floor nozzle;
- Multi-purpose versatility.
- Powerful for quick pick-ups and small houses;
- Lightweight to clean stairs without inconvenience;
- Easily converted into handheld vacuum cleaner;
- Easy to clean dust bin design;
- No difficulty in carrying and pushing.
- Not suitable for deep cleaning;
- The cord is relatively short.
|Product dimensions||8.3 x 9.5 x 44.25 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.67 liters|
|Surface||Carpet, hard floors|
The Bissell Featherweight 2033 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is small but mighty for uncomplicated messes without requiring much cost.
Not only is it suitable for the elderly, but people with health problems or parents wanting to practice kids with chores can also count on the ease of use of this vacuum cleaner.
The link below is about ways to use the Bissell Featherweight 2033 effectively:
Upright vacuums are popular with strong suction power and deep cleaning capabilities, but most upright vacuums are heavyweight, not suitable for the elderly.
If you love the upright vacuum type and wish to find a lightweight product, there are still some solutions. The Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is the right choice for you.
- Swivel steering;
- 2-speed brush roll;
- XL dust cup;
- Bottom-empty design.
- Provides strong suction power, perfect for quick cleaning up, suitable for both hard floors and carpet cleaning;
- The extended run time for cleaning from room to room;
- Equipped advanced swivel steering wheel for easy cleaning around objects;
- Powerful pet hair cleaning;
- Big dust bin and easy to empty without touching.
- Does not have a detachable hose for cracks;
- Hard to get into the corners.
|Product dimensions||10.5 x 9.6 x 46 inches|
|Color||White and grey|
|Dust bin capacity||0.64 quarts|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
The Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is especially suitable for small home areas. It will assist the elderly in an extremely effective way when moving around the house and vacuuming under the bed or sofa easily.
This upright vacuum is also helpful for families with pets because of its powerful pet hair cleaning ability, even on carpet.
You will be inspired more about the Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 via this video:
4. Dyson V11 Torque Drive 268731-01 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
Stick vacuums are well-known for their compact design that is much lighter than upright vacuums.
In addition to the weight advantages like other stick vacuums, the Dyson V11 Torque Drive 268731-01 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly offers much other suction power and versatility benefits.
- Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) system;
- LCD screen;
- High torque cleaner head;
- Advanced whole-machine filtration;
- Operation runtime: 60 minutes.
- Strong suction power and intelligent time optimization, suitable for deep cleaning on both hard floors and carpets;
- The LCD allows easy control of equipment and cleaning process;
- Long-life and economical control battery, suitable for large house vacuuming;
- Powerful and efficient air filtration;
- Flexible conversion design, variety of attachment tools, easy to get under low furniture.
- No switch to turn on and off, and you have to hold down the trigger while vacuuming;
- Does not stand up by itself;
|Product dimensions||50.63 x 9.84 x 10.28 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.76 liters|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
It is not easy to resist the attraction of the Dyson V11, which possesses a powerful vacuuming power and technical advancements hidden in a compact design.
What probably many people want is the manufacturer design the on and off switch so that people with arthritis can use it comfortably.
The video below will help you explore more about this vacuum for elderly:
5. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
With automatic cleaning operation, robot vacuums are the preferred vacuuming solution that many older people prefer. Robot vacuums have many modern and trendy features, but a vacuum robot that is suitable for the elderly needs to be simple and less hassle to use.
With strong suction power, long working time, easy remote control, the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly qualifies as the perfect product for the seniors.
- BoostIQ technology;
- Unibody filter;
- Super-slim design of 85 inches;
- Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover;
- Automatic recharging.
- Automatically increases the suction power when meeting the carpet surface;
- Slim design for easy getting under furniture;
- Long operating time and big dust bin allow large area cleaning;
- Anti-collision and anti-drop sensor, automatically returns to charging dock when the battery is low;
- The low noise and remote control are convenient for the elderly.
- Remote control only sets daily programming;
- You need to remove the brush and clean the stuck hair every time you use.
|Product dimensions||12.8 x 12.8 x 2.85 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.6 liters|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
Is the lightweight feature necessary for a vacuum robot for the elderly, when the only primary intervention in its cleaning operation is emptying the dust bin?
Lightweight is still an essential property, as there will be times when you need to grab the robot vacuum and place it on a particular position for a spot clean. So, it would be better if the elderly own a lightweight robot vacuum like the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S MAX.
The video below will introduce more about how this robot vacuum works:
6. Black + Decker CHV1410L Handheld Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
Among vacuum cleaners, in terms of lightweight, not a single vacuum cleaner surpasses handheld vacuums, which is very suitable for the elderly to operate conveniently.
With the Black + Decker CHV1410L Handheld Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly, you also benefit from a sleek fast charging dock design and the strong cyclone vacuuming.
- Cyclonic action;
- Rotating slim nozzle;
- Washable filter and dirt bowl;
- Smart-charge technology.
- The cyclonic technology draws the dust out of the filter, maintaining the strong suction power;
- Fast and simple charging with the charging base, long battery life;
- Lightweight and comfortable for holding in a long time;
- Suitable for small areas and small jobs;
- Easy to empty and wash the dust bowl.
- The nozzle is pretty huge for crevices;
- Makes a loud noise when operating.
|Product dimensions||17.25 x 5.5 x 7.75 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||20.6 ounces|
|Surface||Carpet, ceramic tile, furniture|
The Black + Decker CHV1410L handheld vacuum is the solution that helps you quickly clean small messes in narrow locations efficiently.
The handy charging base can be placed right on the kitchen counter in the kitchen so you can clean right when needed without wasting time going to get the vacuum cleaner from the warehouse or somewhere else.
This video may make you love this lightweight vacuum more:
7. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best with Mop)
With the ability to perform both vacuuming and cleaning jobs, the ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is one of the most convenient products with high combination, increasing service capacity and reducing users’ effort.
After just a few of your easy controls, the ILIFE V5s Pro will vacuum away dust and pet hair, and with some more quick operations to change the water bin, this robot vacuum will be ready to mop all the floor you want.
- 2-in-1 vacuuming and mopping;
- Japan Nidec high-speed motor;
- Auto cleaning mode;
- Schedule cleaning;
- Operation runtime: 110 minutes.
- Two functions of vacuuming and mopping in one robot vacuum, convenient for users to clean hard floors;
- Powerful yet quiet vacuum cleaner;
- Slim design, easy to clean underneath furniture;
- Self-charging technology, anti-drop and collision sensors;
- Remote controller type, simple for the elderly.
- The dust bin is quite small;
- Does not clean tight corners well.
|Product dimensions||11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.3 liters|
When using the mopping feature of the ILIFE V5s Pro, you need to pay attention to move the carpet or prevent it from avoiding the robot vacuum getting it wet.
You can discover more about this product here:
8. iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550 Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
The iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550 Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly converges a lot of advanced technology for a robot vacuum cleaner in terms of increased suction power and control method.
In particular, the ability to self-emptying for a maximum period of up to 2 months will help the elderly not worry if they accidentally forget empty the dust bin.
- Clean Base automatic dirt disposal;
- AllergenLock bags;
- Premium 3-stage cleaning system;
- vSLAM navigation and smart mapping;
- Voice control with Google and Alexa assistant.
- The technique of self-emptying for up to 60 days;
- The filter effectively filters 99% of pollen, mold, and allergens;
- Powerful suction power cleans even stubborn dirt;
- vSLAM navigation technology helps to navigate the row neatly and effectively;
- Suggests a personalized cleaning schedule according to the user’s cleaning habits.
- Does not work very well in the dark;
- Does not get into the corners well.
|Product dimensions||13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.42 liters|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
The iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550’s app and voice control will be a great advantage for older users to start and control the machine in the simplest and fastest way.
However, for those who do not fancy technology, this method of use, similar to other modern innovations of today’s modern world, makes the elderly feel somewhat challenging to absorb and integrate. Therefore, they truly need meticulous help at the beginning.
See more about the iRobot Roomba i7+ 7550 at this link:
9. Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
Self-propelled vacuum cleaners are often touted as one of the most suitable products for the elderly and people with limited health.
That is because the self-propelled vacuums’ actuators rotate the wheels automatically, allowing them to move without you having to push, saving you effort and energy.
The Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is not only self-propelled but lightweight enough for you to simply carry up and downstairs.
- Slim swivel design;
- 5-layer HEPA filter;
- Auto shut-off;
- Low-profile physique;
- Wireless two-speed Quick Switch.
- Can lie almost flat with the floor surface to increase cleaning potential under furniture;
- Lightweight, easy to clean stairs;
- 5-layer HEPA filter purifies the air to 99.97%;
- Automatically adjusts the suction level when it comes to surfaces ranging from hard floors to high-pile carpets;
- Large and high-performance wheels for a feeling of self-propelled.
- Lack of attachments for cleaning in crevices or on stairs;
- Smaller cleaning head than some other vacuums, meaning requiring more time for vacuuming.
|Product dimensions||12 x 10.5 x 47.5 inches|
|Color||Blue and black|
|Dust bin capacity||–|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
It would be difficult to find on the market a full-sized vacuum that is as lightweight and perfectly self-propelled as the Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly.
The cleaning head is a bit narrow, becoming an advantage in cleaning hard-to-reach areas. The front light is very convenient to clean low light areas such as under tables and chairs.
See more about the operation and self-propelled feature of the Oreck Magnesium LW1500RS here:
10. GOOVI by ONSON J10C Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
Unless you clean messes on the spot, it typically takes half an hour to clean an entire house. The noise from the vacuum cleaner during this time is generally uncomfortable for everyone, and the elderly will undoubtedly feel more tired.
Therefore, finding a quiet vacuum cleaner is also a criterion that many people aim to. The GOOVI J10C Robot Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is an excellent choice with just the same loudness as indoor chats.
- Automatic carpet supercharging function;
- Intelligent cleaning system;
- Optional cleaning modes;
- Magnetic boundary strips;
- Operation runtime: 120 minutes.
- Low noise of 55dB, equivalent to a room conversation, is not offensive to the elderly;
- Easily climb over 0.6 inches to move onto the carpet or over sills;
- Slim design, go down furniture underneath without trouble, good corner cleaning;
- The boundary strips help zone out areas;
- Anti-drop sensor, automatic charging, easy scheduling via remote control.
- Cleaning the hair at brushes is a bit difficult.
|Product dimensions||12.75 x 12.79 x 2.81 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.5 liters|
|Surface||Hard floors, carpet|
The GOOVI J10C’s control and zoning methods are simple and easy to implement for the elderly. The quiet during operation of this robot vacuum does not disturb your other activities, even when you are sleeping.
See more about the GOOVI J10C here at this video:
11. Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Pet Hair)
Pet hair needs to be removed regularly to keep floors and furniture clean and free of odors. This regular cleaning job will burden the elderly if they do not have a quality vacuum cleaner.
The Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly will accomplish this task with ease.
- Three cleaning modes;
- Torque drive cleaner head;
- Advanced whole-machine filtration;
- 14-cyclone concentric array;
- Runtime: 60 minutes.
- Strong suction power, suitable for deep cleaning for the whole house;
- Captures 99.99% of particles, dust, and allergens, purifies the air;
- The mini motorized tool removes pet hair effectively even in difficult areas;
- Centrifugal vortex technology keeps dust extraction capacity stable;
- Light and balanced, accessible to vacuum stairs and overhead locations.
- Noisy at max power;
- Have to hold the trigger down to keep the motor on.
|Product dimensions||9.84 x 10.08 x 49.17 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.14 gallons|
The difference that the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal stick vacuum brings is completely discernible. The older people suffering from allergies can affirm that fact.
In just a short time, this vacuum for elderly can remove dirt and pet hair from high traffic or deep cleaning hard carpets and floors. Emptying the canister is also a breeze with no touching dust or dirt.
The link below has more information about the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal:
12. APOSEN H250 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Hard Floors)
The APOSEN H250 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly can work on all surfaces, but the motorized brush design and the daily cleaning mode that balances power and operating time are found to be very suitable for kinds of hard floors.
- 4-in-1 design;
- LED headlights;
- 270° rotatable LED brush head;
- Advanced HEPA and sponge filtration system;
- Operation runtime: 30 minutes.
- Powerful but quiet;
- Two adjustment modes are suitable for cleaning in different types of surfaces;
- HEPA filters and 4-stage filtration complete sealing design for maximum air cleaning efficiency;
- The upgrade motorized floor head takes stubborn dirt and debris away and saves more time vacuuming;
- The LED light allows for vacuuming well in dark positions.
- The runtime is quite short;
- The bristles on this vacuum are not long enough for a deep clean.
|Product dimensions||17.32 x 10.03 x 7.87 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.8 liters|
|Surface||Hard Floor, upholstery, carpet|
The APOSEN H250 is a friend of families with hard floors mostly. With its lightweight and versatile 4-in-1 design advantage, this stick vacuum is also perfect for cleaning every corner of your home.
This video will show you how effective the APOSEN H250 is:
13. Eureka NEU100 Airspeed Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Carpet)
To deeply clean dirt on carpets, a vacuum cleaner must have a stable and robust suction power. Whether choosing a lightweight product, this is always the necessary standard you need to keep for a highly effective carpet cleaning.
The Eureka NEU100 Airspeed Upright Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly is one of the products that achieve both the suction strength and lightweight criteria to become a handy carpet cleaning tool for the elderly.
- Plastic telescoping handle;
- Washable filter;
- Crevice tool and dusting brush.
- Strong power and bristle brush inside the head for thorough carpet cleaning;
- Reasonable price, washable filter helps to save costs;
- The attachments are helpful to clean many difficult positions and can be stored right on the machine body;
- Lightweight for easy carrying around;
- Large and easy-to-empty dust cup.
- The cord is quite short and no self-winding;
- A bit noisy.
|Product dimensions||11.42 x 11.93 x 41.34 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||2.7 liters|
|Surface||Hard Floor, carpet|
The Eureka NEU100 Airspeed upright vacuum cleaner may be light, but its suction power is powerful enough to absorb the carpet’s pet hair impressively. Because the power cord is relatively short, this vacuum cleaner will be more suitable for small rooms like dorm-room or small apartments.
If you want to see more about the Eureka NEU100 Airspeed, this video will be helpful:
14. MOOSOO Upgraded K17 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Allergies)
Unfortunately, a lot of older people suffer from allergy or respiratory illness. A vacuum cleaner can help enhance their living space’s freshness with an efficient filtration system, especially when it comes to HEPA filters.
Not only possessing an effective HEPA filter, the MOOSOO Upgraded K17 Stick Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly also has an impressively lightweight, a product that the elderly should not ignore when choosing to buy a vacuum cleaner.
- Motorized LED floor head;
- 3-stage advanced filtration system;
- Stretchable hose and crevice nozzle;
- Detachable battery;
- Washable components.
- The strong suction power on both hard floors and carpet, picking up dirt times the debris with no difficulty;
- High-density HEPA filter purifies 99.99% of the microscopic dust and allergens;
- The LED light makes it easy to vacuum low-light areas;
- Very lightweight, handling and moving to clean in different positions is extremely simple;
- Easily clean every corner with the stretchable hose and crevice nozzle.
- Short runtime;
- Not suitable for heavy cleaning and large areas.
|Product dimensions||49.2 x 10.8 x 9.4 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||0.5 liters|
|Surface||Hard Floor, carpet|
The MOOSOO Upgraded K17 vacuum cleaner is versatile in every way, from the lightweight, the size to all the attachments that come along.
Although only a compact device but its power is very respectable to clean every area you want. In particular, the HEPA filter does not let you down with the fresh air filter results, which helps to reduce allergens completely.
The video below shows more details on the suction power of the MOOSOO Upgraded K17:
15. Atrix AHSC-1 Canister Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly
(Best for Stairs)
Canister vacuum cleaners with long cords and long suction nozzles are inherently great for vacuuming stairs because the strong suction power sucks out every corner, and you do not need to change the outlet repeatedly.
With the Atrix AHSC-1 Canister Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly, things are even more advantageous as its lightweight can make it easy to carry up and down stairs without any difficulty.
- Adjustable 3-speed motor;
- 3-stage filtration consists of one 1, 2-quart HEPA bag;
- Variable speed motor;
- Telescopic extension wand.
- Compact but powerful, the retractable cord and attached nozzles are convenient;
- Lightweight, perfect for stairs and carrying around the house;
- The suction power can be changed to suit the object or surface to be cleaned;
- The HEPA bag retains the dirt, small particulars, for a cleaner atmosphere;
- There is an indicator to show when to change the bag.
- A bit noisy;
- Relatively short power cord.
|Product dimensions||13.5 x 10 x 8 inches|
|Dust bin capacity||–|
Do not let the compactness fool you, because the Atrix AHSC-1’s suction power is strong and all the versatile attachments work effectively. The extension pole can reach over cabinets, ceilings, and stairs to thoroughly clean the areas you desire.
The below link can tell you more about this lightweight canister vacuum:
Best Buying Guide For Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners The Elderly
When choosing to buy the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for the elderly, of course, you need to be mindful of the vacuum machine’s weight, but many other factors may affect your consideration. These factors will be analyzed below one by one:
Lightweight: The lighter weight of the vacuum cleaner, the easier it is for you to control and move it, also easy to carry it to the necessary positions. However, if the weight is too light, the vacuum cleaner may not provide enough suction power for deep cleaning needs.
Type of floor: Carpeting floors will require you to choose a vacuum cleaner more thoroughly than hard floors, as carpets come in many types and not all vacuum cleaners have the equal ability to clean carpet.
Power: There are many powerful motorized vacuum cleaners with heavyweight, ensuring deep and efficient cleaning. However, thanks to the development of materials and technology, many lightweight vacuums also have great vacuuming.
You need to pay attention to the suction power parameters according to the information provided by the manufacturer to choose the right product for your needs.
Type of vacuum: Each type of vacuum cleaner for the elderly has its advantages and disadvantages. The upright, stick and canister vacuums have better suction but will require more movement.
The handheld type is compact but poses a risk of hand fatigue after a short period of use. Robot vacuums give users the most freedom but you may have to empty the dust bin more often, as well as the modern controls can be annoying for those who are less up to date in technology.
Corded or cordless: For the elderly, corded vacuums help them clean as long as they want but can take the extra time to arrange the cords not to get tangled in their legs. Moving around to change the socket can also be a bit of a nuisance.
Cordless vacuums overcome this drawback, but the small dust bins can cause users to empty many times, and the short battery life is just suitable for cleaning small areas.
Control button position: Choose a vacuum cleaner with the conveniently located power and control buttons according to the elderly’s preference. Usually, the position of these buttons on the handle is the most convenient.
Filter: The vacuum cleaner’s good air filter will return pure and fresh air, which is especially beneficial for people with breathing problems. The HEPA filter is the best for vacuums today.
Maneuverability: A vacuum cleaner with a swivel head or self-propelled feature will be easier to move around, making it simpler for the elderly to vacuum.
Headlight: If the vacuum cleaner has LED front lights, it is easier for the elderly with impaired vision to detect dirt.
Other considerations: Take some other factors into account, such as the number of accessories to suit your vacuuming purposes, noise level, bagged or bagless type, or the reputation of the manufacturers.
Some vacuums have additional straps that users can wear on their shoulders or back, providing a sense of stability and more distribution of force across the body.
Whether this feature is useful or not for the elderly depends on each person’s health characteristics, because carrying anything on the body will quickly become a burden for those in poor health.
The Best Brands Of Best Lightweight Vacuum Cleaners For Elderly
No matter who you are, an elderly person or any other client, you need a vacuum cleaner that can clean your house, not a lightweight device with lousy cleaning capabilities.
The following trusted brands can provide the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for elderly that may delight you:
Eureka: The long history of development and reputation have helped Eureka extend far into the vacuum cleaner industry, with reliable products at friendly prices. Eureka’s stick vacuum cleaners are diverse in types, high quality, and lightweight, very suitable for the elderly.
Shark: Shark is a world-class vacuum cleaner brand with a wide variety of products. Famous for its effective and stable upright vacuums, Shark has also developed stick vacuums, robot vacuums, and lightweight upright vacuums to help your home cleaning easier.
Dyson: Dyson – a brand from UK – is making a wide variety of home appliances. The vacuum cleaners that Dyson produces are focused on strong suction power, compactness, and are equipped with convenient new features.
iRobot: iRobot is a familiar name to many people when it comes to vacuum robots. The iRobot vacuum cleaner robots have strong suction power and high longevity to clean floors with the least effort.
Atrix: Atrix is one of the few US companies that produces patented HEPA filters. Since 1981, Atrix has produced vacuum cleaners that have the best filter on the market, helping to improve the quality of your indoor air.
This section has answers about the best lightweight vacuum cleaners for elderly that users are interested in.
My Top Pick
Most of the elderly are trusted and familiar with old vacuum cleaner type. A vacuum cleaner that is lightweight, flexible, and capable of strong vacuuming as the Eureka Stylus NEC380 Lightweight Vacuum Cleaner For Elderly will be easy for them to use.
In addition to the LED and recessed corner, the fingertip control design that does not require users to hold the trigger during vacuuming also helps the elderly vacuum more comfortably and accurately.
You may be amazed at the effectiveness and ease of vacuuming with the Eureka Stylus NEC380. For the elderly, this means a great deal when they can take the initiative to take care of the house whenever they want, in a safe way and not health-damaging.
Which product do you think is the best lightweight vacuum cleaner for elderly? Feel free to share your opinion below.