Owning roof cleaners is the smart way to help you clean your roof without spending too much money. Over the years, moss, mold, mildew, and algae have settled on your roof that makes your roof less attractive.
Nonetheless, many kinds of roof cleaners will be suitable for each specific roof material and some kinds of stains. Therefore, you may be confused when choosing the best roof cleaner for you.
If you have to face a similar problem, this review will be an ideal gift for you. Therefore, with my desire to help you find the best roof cleaner, you should closely follow my reviews. Keep reading, and we will discover the final answer together.
- What Chemicals Are Used In Roof Cleaners?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Roof Cleaners?
- How Many Types Of Roof Cleaner?
- What Are The Best Roof Cleaners To Buy?
- Best Roof Cleaner Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Roof Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- 1. Spray And Forget SFRCG04 White Roof Cleaner
- 2. Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
- 3. 30 Seconds Outdoor Concentrate Roof Cleaner
- 4. Camco Pro-Tec Care System Roof Cleaner
- 5. Thetford RV Rubber Roof Cleaner
- 6. Wash Safe Industries Roof Wash Premium Roof Cleaner
- 7. GP66 Green Miracle Super Size Roof Cleaner
- 8. Wet And Forget No Scrub Roof Cleaner
- 9. EcoClean Instant Result Roof Cleaner
- 10. Wet And Forget Roof And Siding Roof Cleaner
- 11. Wet And Forget 10587 Moss Roof Cleaner
- 12. Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems Roof Cleaner
- 13. Simple Green Solve Total Outdoor Roof Cleaner
- 14. Camco 41063 Pro-Strength Roof Cleaner
- 15. RMR 86 Instant Remover Roof Cleaner
- How To Use Roof Cleaners Like A Pro?
- Important Things You Should Know When Purchasing A Roof Cleaner
- My Top Pick
What Chemicals Are Used In Roof Cleaners?
Before going further, let’s explore some chemicals you can find in roof cleaners and how they work to eliminate stains on the roof.
- Top 15 Best Carpet Cleaners For Old Pet Urine in 2021
- Top 15 Best Interior Car Cleaners To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Silver Cleaners To Buy 2021
- Top 17 Best Laminate Floor Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Bathroom Cleaners On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Oven Cleaners To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Washing Machine Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Glass Cleaners To Buy in 2021
Sodium Hydroxide: It is a common substance you can find in roof cleaners. Sometimes, you can call it lye or caustic soda since it is a high alkaline. You can use it to eliminate dirt, mold, and algae in a condition you have to dilute appropriately and limited time durations.
When you use theses roof cleaners, you have to rinse entirely with high flow to deliver the chemicals and prevent any residue.
Sodium Hypochlorite: It can react like bleach if you use at high concentration on asphalt shingles. Nevertheless, if you use proper dilution rate, it will deal with lichen moss and more thoroughly. You also need to rinse entirely after cleaning to protect your roof.
Sodium Percarbonate: With this type, you just need to spray it onto contaminated areas and leave it to sit in a given time. This sodium percarbonate will do its work. You don’t need to rinse with water since moisture in the air and rain will be responsible for this job.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Roof Cleaners?
Cleaning the roof is a necessary task. However, if this reason is not enough to persuade you, let’s check these benefits to know how important when using roof cleaners.
Remove Undesirable Fark Stains
If you always want your roof to look attractive, using roof cleaners is the best solution. Black stains are caused by algae that grow on your roof. Fortunately, roof cleaners will easily discard this issue thanks to positive and effective chemicals’ action.
Stop Moss And Mold Growth
Moss and mold quickly grow on your roof surfaces, and they can create pits in them. Besides, algae can feed of limestone in asphalt shingles that cause your roof is weak and further damage. If you use roof cleaners, you will don’t need to worry about these problems.
Keep The Warranty On Your Shingles
In fact, the shingles will take you a lot of money to repair. Therefore, having a warranty on them will help you save up money to prepare. However, most of the warranty is only implemented if you maintain your roof, and you will need roof cleaners to support you in this work.
Prolong Your Roofs’ Life Expectancy
Extending your roofs’ lifespan is always the first priority of many people since they are the biggest factor that will provide you comfort and safety when you stay at home. If you use roof cleaners to clean your roof regularly, you will save thousands of dollars to repair or replace them.
Maintain Your Gutters Clean And Clog-free
You use roof cleaners to tidy up your roof that is synonymous with stop your gutters from being clogged by leave and debris.
How Many Types Of Roof Cleaner?
If you intend to buy a roof cleaner, you will need to read several different choices on the market. One of these types can implement your wishes.
These cleaners don’t contain any harsh chemicals such as bleach, acid, or petroleum; instead of that, they come in non-toxic and biodegrade formulas that enable you to use them on even the most sensitive roof.
Besides, they can discard mold and mildew, moss, or algae without doing any damage to the roof. Moreover, these formulas also support you in protecting the environment from harmful substances.
Nonetheless, there is one problem that may make you confused that is the price. Eco-friendly is usually more expensive than regular cleaners, but sometimes, you need to use them more than once to get rid of the tough stains.
These harsh cleaners contain acids, bleach, petroleum, or other types of chlorine-like their name implies. These cleaners have enough power to eliminate even the toughest stains by using minimal force.
However, you need to dilute them with water according to proper rates to minimize damage for the environment around cleaned areas and wear protective clothing to protect you from harsh chemicals.
These ways are less expensive than previous cleaners, but you have to be careful while using to avoid undesirable damage. Furthermore, they are just possible to use in tough materials.
They are designed to work great with a pressure washer. Sometimes, it only uses water to clean your roof and perhaps adds chemical roof cleaners to accelerate the cleaning process.
Everything you do is do wash your roof with a hose that experts high-pressure water. This way is the cheapest and less affect on the environment, but it seems to be less effective than using eco-friendly or harsh cleaners.
You can reduce stains on your roof, but you cannot completely eliminate them. Additionally, without using chemicals will allows organisms to revive. The high-pressure can cause damage to shingles.
What Are The Best Roof Cleaners To Buy?
For multi-roof surfaces, Spray And Forget and RMR will be considerable choices. Besides, they are able to eliminate a wide range of stains and save valuable time to clean since they don’t require you to scrub or rinse.
Moreover, Wash Safe and Wet And Forget are the best choice with biodegradable ingredients; thus, they are safe for the environment. They also can deal with different stains.
I have highlighted some features of the top 15 best roof cleaners. I will help you a lot when finding out the best one.
- Best Overall: Spray And Forget SFRCG04 White Roof Cleaner
“Can deliver stains caused by moss, algae, and more; save your precious time since it doesn’t require rinsing; safe for many kinds of the roof; its coverage is up to 200 square feet, and the result can last for up to 24 months.”
- Best Budget: Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
“Come no-scrubbing formula; ideal for various types of the exterior; work great with s garden sprayer; 2000 square feet can be cleaned and safe for landscaping.”
- Best for Wood Shingles: 30 Seconds Outdoor Concentrate Roof Cleaner
“Can clean all outdoor appliances; this formula can break down once rinse into the soil; safe for your lawn and plants and doesn’t require any pressure washer.”
- Best for RV Shingles: Camco Pro-Tec Care System Roof Cleaner
“Comes with 2 bottles for deep clean on RV rubber roof; can prolong RV roofs’ lifespan; provides you a protective layer with UV protection and reduces future cleaning.”
- Best for EPDM Rubber Roof: Thetford RV Rubber Roof Cleaner
“Can protect all kinds of EDPM roof; UV protection; coats your roof with a tough polymer; can reduce roof chalk causing gray streaks and save 75 percent of cleaning time.”
- Best with Organic Formula: Wash Safe Industries Roof Wash Premium Roof Cleaner
“Comes in powder form; can eliminate moss, mildew, lichen and black algae; contains hydrogen peroxide and can biodegrade within 4-6 hours.”
- Best for Moss: GP66 Green Miracle Super Size Roof Cleaner
“Can remove the toughest stains from many kinds of surfaces, water-based formula; comes in a spray bottle; save your time and money and will get a refund if you aren’t happy with it.”
- Best for Algae: Wet And Forget Np Scrub Roof Cleaner
“Doesn’t contain bleach; biodegradable ingredients; get rid of moss, mildew; mold and algae; ready-to-use formula and doesn’t require scrubbing and rinsing.”
- Best for Asphalt Shingles: EcoClean Instant Result Roof Cleaner
“Combat with nasty stains; coverage is up to 400 square feet; magic no-scrub formula; safe for most surfaces and can get a refund within 60 days if it doesn’t make you pleased.”
- Best for Tile Roof: Wet And Forget Roof and Siding Roof Cleaner
“Can reach 30 feet from standing spot; no need of scrubbing or rinsing; can clean up to 200 square feet and easy to spray.”
- Best for Metal Roof: Wet And Forget 10587 Moss Roof Cleaner
“Doesn’t contain acid, caustic and bleach; one step cleaning; possible to use on multiple surfaces and moss, mold, mildew, and algae can be cleaned easily.”
- Best for Lichen: Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems Roof Cleaner
“Can clean all-surface exterior; remove stains and prevent them from forming; one treatment can last up to 12 months; safe for the environment and ready-to-use formula.”
- Best for Pressure Washer: Simple Green Solve Total Outdoor Roof Cleaner
“Designed to work with pressure washers; used for many kinds of surfaces; contains peroxide to deliver grime; can clean up to 6400 square feet and orally non-toxic formula.”
- Best for TPO Rubber Roof: Camco 41063 Pro-Strength Roof Cleaner
“Provide you deep clean for TPO rubber roof; extend roofs’ life expectancy; one step treatment and can remove tough stains.”
- Best for Mold and Mildew: RMR 86 Instant Remover Roof Cleaner
“Instantly deliver mold and mildew; no need of dilution; safe on multiple surfaces; fast-acting spray and get rid of unpleasant smell.”
Best Roof Cleaner Comparison Chart
I have created a comparison chart for the top 15 best roof cleaners. This table contains necessary information about the best roof that will help you easily compare each product.
|Best Roof Cleaners||Dimensions (Inches)||Weight (Pounds)||Volume||Type|
|Spray And Forget SFRCG04 White Roof Cleaner - Best Overall||5 x 7.25 x 10||8.3||1 gallon||Eco-friendly|
|Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner - Best Budget||4.8 x 7.1 x 10.2||9.25||1 gallon||Harsh|
|30 Seconds Outdoor Concentrate Roof Cleaner - Best for Wood Shingles||13 x 12.5 x 13||39||1 gallon-pack of 4||Harsh|
|Camco Pro-Tec Care System Roof Cleaner - Best for RV Shingles||10.88 x 10 x 7.63||17.98||2 gallon-pack of 2||Eco-friendly|
|Thetford RV Rubber Roof Cleaner - Best for EPDM Rubber Roof||2 x 2 x 2||7.99||1 gallon||Eco-friendly|
|Wash Safe Industries Roof Wash Premium Roof Cleaner - Best with Organic Formula||7.76 x 7.76 x 7.64||10.8||10 pounds||Eco-friendly|
|GP66 Green Miracle Super Size Roof Cleaner - Best for Moss||10 x 2 x 2||2||32 oz||Eco-friendly|
|Wet And Forget Np Scrub Roof Cleaner - Best for Algae||3 x 6 x 9||4.78||64 oz||Eco-friendly|
|EcoClean Instant Result Roof Cleaner - Best for Asphalt Shingles||11.5 x 6 x 6||10.08||1 gallon||Harsh|
|Wet And Forget Roof and Siding Roof Cleaner - Best for Tile Roof||7 x 4 x 11||3.56||48 oz||Eco-friendly|
|Wet And Forget 10587 Moss Roof Cleaner - Best for Metal Roof||6.25 x 4.5 x 10.5||7.98||1 gallon||Eco-friendly|
|Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems Roof Cleaner - Best for Lichen||12 x 6 x 5.7||8.68||1 gallon||Eco-friendly|
|Simple Green Solve Total Outdoor Roof Cleaner - Best for Pressure Washer||7.68 x 4.7 x 11||9.27||1 gallon||High-pressure cleaning|
|Camco 41063 Pro-Strength Roof Cleaner - Best for TPO Rubber Roof||9.99 x 3.77 x 2.55||2.34||32 oz||Eco-friendly|
|RMR 86 Instant Remover Roof Cleaner - Best for Mold and Mildew||12.5 x 6.25 x 6.25||10.7||128 oz||Harsh|
Top 15 Best Roof Cleaner Reviews in 2021
Are you ready to explore the detailed reviews of the top 15 best roof cleaners with me? If you still have no idea about these cleaners, this section will help you. You will recognize each product’s strengths and drawbacks that are the key to support you in opening the item you are finding.
1. Spray And Forget SFRCG04 White Roof Cleaner
If you want to find out a roof cleaner that can eliminate mold, mildew, moss, and algae on multiple surfaces such as wood, slate, tile, and asphalt shingles, this Spray And Forget SFRC04 White Roof Cleaner will not make you disappointed. It is an enhancement for your cleaning task.
When you mixed 1 concentrated cleaner with water, you will get 10 gallons liquid enough to cover 1000-2000 square feet roof. You need to make sure your roof completely dry and will not rain at least the next 12 hours for cleaner’s best performance.
Besides, after mixing this cleaner, you will use a garden pump sprayer to distribute the liquid to the roof and apply it to affected places and maintain them wet for as long as possible. You also need to apply a perfect coat and remember not to rinse by water.
Moreover, if you follow the manufacturer’s instructions, you just need to re-clean every 12-24 months or whenever you realize the first new stains. Thanks to this liquid, you will save up precious time with no rinsing required.
- Can deliver many kinds of stains from multiple surfaces
- 1 bottle can cover 1000-2000 square feet
- The best result can last for 12-24 months
- Will work great with the garden pump sprayer
- 1 gallon can produce 10 gallons when mixing with water
- Save time and money
- Quick to use
- Don’t use bleach or other harsh chemicals
- Have to ensure there is no rain within at least 12 hours after applying
- For toughest stains, you need to apply it twice
|Brand||Spray And Forget|
|Dilution Rate||9 parts water with 1 parts cleaner|
|Coverage||1000-2000 square feet|
|Used For||Wood, slate, tile, and asphalt shingles|
You need to check this video immediately to know how amazing this product is:
2. Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner
You will still get a totally clean roof with a limited wallet if you use this Mold Armor FG503 E-Z Roof Cleaner. Like other high-end cleaners, it can remove many types of stains like algae, mold, and mildew from wood siding, aluminum, vinyl, and other surfaces.
With this cleaner, you can combine it with a garden sprayer, sponge, roller, or tank sprayer to wash the exterior of your house. If you obey with its instructions, the landscaping around cleaned areas will be protected safely.
Besides, there are 2 options for you to choose for specific stains. If they are regular stains, you will combine 3 parts of water with 1 part of cleaner to eliminate them as well as protect your roof.
On the other hand, using full strength is the most suitable way to get rid of the hardest stains. 2000 square feet can be refreshed thanks to a 1-gallon bottle. This cleaner’s efficiency will be maintained for a long time since the combination of technology and biology.
Furthermore, you will save up your money, time, and even force when using this product since it doesn’t require scrub during the cleaning process. Instead, you just apply it to your roof, take a seat, and watch what will be going on.
- Its formula contains sodium hypochlorite.
- Can cover up to 2000 square feet
- No scrubbing required
- Safe for landscaping
- Able to use for various surfaces
- Can use with the garden sprayers, rollers, tank sprayers, and sponges
- Remove mold and mildew stains.
- Choose diluted or not for particular stains.
- Affordable price
- Have to apply to stubborn stains more than once
- This cleaner can bleach your colored clothing when cleaning
|Dilution Rate||3 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Coverage||2000 square feet|
|Used For||Wood sliding, aluminum, vinyl, and more|
Check this video to know how this cleaner performs:
3. 30 Seconds Outdoor Concentrate Roof Cleaner
(Best for Wood Shingles)
You should find a cleaner that can deal with stains below 1 min to avoid the liquid soaking up into the wood for wood shingles. This 30 Seconds Cleaners Outdoor Concentrate Roof Cleaner can be responsible for this mission since its cleaning time is from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Besides, not the only wood roof, this cleaner can discard mold, mildew, and algae from other surfaces such as vinyl siding, bricks, etc. With no need for a pressure washer that will help you reduce time to prepare and fastly clean.
With concentrated formula, its coverage is a range of 200-400 square feet, replying to the levels of stains and the porosity of each surface. Additionally, this formula can easily break down in the soil; therefore, it is harmless for landscaping and lawn when you comply with directions.
- Minimize the time this liquid is coated on wood roof
- Dissolve once rinse into the soil
- No need for a pressure washer
- One of quickest working time cleaners
- Safe for different surfaces, including wood
- Safe for landscaping and lawns
- Easy to spray
- It doesn’t contain bleach; hence, it is harmless for your eyes and skin
- It has an unpleasant smell
- It will take a lot of water to rinse off
|Dilution Rate||4 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Coverage||Up to 600 square feet|
|Used For||Slate or tile shingles, composite, metal, asphalt shingles, and more|
If you are about this product, checking this video is the necessary thing:
4. Camco Pro-Tec Care System Roof Cleaner
(Best for RV Shingles)
This Camco Pro-Tec Care System Roof Cleaner is the best combo for deep RV rubber cleaning. It contains a 2-step treatment one is cleaner, and the other is a conditioner that will prevent your RV roof from damage and protect them from forming future stains.
The product I love comes with 2 bottles that bring you a comprehensive solution to prolong RV’s lifespan. Thanks to it, you will economize on time to a protectant after purchasing the cleaner.
Besides, this product protects your RV roof from UV rays that will damage them. It also eliminates the stains that often build up on your roofs such as grime, tree sap, and more. Moreover, it will show you its ability to discard streaks that you hate; thus, your RV shingles will be sparkling at all times.
- Comes with cleaner and protectant liquid
- Protect RV roof from UV rays
- Can reduce the time for cleaning future stains
- Reasonable price for 2 products
- Discards the hard stains
- Minimizes the risk of appearing streaks
- Provide you deep cleaning for RV shingles
- It is not made of biodegradable ingredients
- Its constructions don’t tell me how long it needs to dry before the rain
|Coverage||500-600 square feet|
|Used For||RV rubber roof|
This video will show you a visual view of this product:
5. Thetford RV Rubber Roof Cleaner
(Best for EPDM Rubber Roof)
As you know, EPDM is one of the kinds of RV Rubber Roof; however, it still needs a separate cleaner to maintain it is always in high quality. I bet any EPRM owners would love this because Thetford RV Rubber Roof Cleaner offers you fantastic results.
Suppose you are awkward in cleaning tasks and worry about the liquid that can harm the environment. In that case, this product will help you eliminate it since this cleaner is made of biodegradable ingredients.
It will also provide you the best performance by coating your roof with a tough polymer with properties. This cleaner can deliver all grime and roof chalk from the EPDM roof that causes to streaks and offers you a barrier that is against UV light.
Moreover, easy usage is also a thing that appeals to me. You just need to spray, mop, and give the roof time to dry to receive the entirely clean roof. It doesn’t require rinse after cleaning, that is a convenient feature.
- Made of biodegradable elements
- Coats roof with a tough polymer and anti-static layers
- Gives you a barrier of UV light
- Repels future-forming dirt and grime
- It can reduce the need for cleaning your roof up to 75 percent since one treatment can last for 3-6 months
- Doesn’t require re-rinse
- Save for the environment
- Easy to apply
- Its working time is quite long
- Its price is quite high
|Dilution Rate||No specified|
|Formula||Contains tough polymer|
|Used For||Any EPDM rubber roof|
(Best with Organic Formula)
Wash Safe Industries Roof Wash Premium Roof Cleaner is one of the safest products for the environment and is trusted by many roof cleaners. This cleaner is made of hydrogen peroxide that is harmless pets, landscaping, plants, and more.
Unlike almost products are in a concentrated liquid form, this Wash Safe comes in a powder.
To use this cleaner, you need to dilute with water. A half-cup of power can produce 1 gallon of hot liquid, and you need to stir until the powder is dissolved completely.
Besides, with 10 pounds of power, you can cover about 10000 square feet that make it become economical for you to use. For the active solution, you need to wait about 15 minutes, and it will attack and eliminate moss, black algae, mildew, and lichen on various kinds of the roof such as wood, asphalt, rubber, and more.
Moreover, to use this cleaner, you just need to spray it onto stains areas and leave it on to work. This product takes you from 4 to 6 hours to solve stains since it is an oxygen-based, and then, it can automatically biodegrade; therefore, it becomes the gentlest cleaner for the roof.
- Can automatically biodegrade
- Comes in the oxygen-based formula
- The active life is 4-6 hours.
- Can discard various kinds of stains from different roof
- Economical choice
- Safe for pets, users, plants, and more
- Quick to apply
- Doesn’t need to use a lot of force to use
- If your roof has tough stains, you will need to clean twice or more
|Brand||Wash Safe Industries|
|Dilution Rate||A ½ cup of power with 1-gallon hot water|
|Coverage||About 10000 square feet|
|Used For||Wood, asphalt, slate, rubber, composite, tile, metal, and more|
7. GP66 Green Miracle Super Size Roof Cleaner
(Best for Moss)
If you want to look for a roof cleaner for moss, this GP66 Green Miracle Super Size will be a considerable choice. This cleaner is strong enough to get rid of even the toughest moss and doesn’t compromise with any messes.
This product is a water-based and proprietary cleaning formula that will offer you a fantastic result. It is an eco-friendly formula that doesn’t give it any chance to destroy the environment.
Besides, versatile is the noteworthy characteristic of this cleaner since it is not just used for the roof. You can use it to remove stains from household appliances as well. Before using, you need to dilute it with water, spray it and give it a couple of minutes to loosen stains.
You also had better scrub lightly to eliminate stains, and you will realize all streaks and messes are gone and expose the sparkling surfaces.
- Comes in the unique liquid formula
- Can biodegrade after a short time
- Water-based formula
- If you aren’t happy with it, you will get a refund.
- Its working time is only 3-5 minutes
- Can use for multiple purposes
- Can remove the toughest moss
- Environmentally friendly
- No experiment on animal
- Able to work on a wide range of surfaces
- To get the best result, you need to use enough the amount of liquid
- A little bit pricey
|Dilution Rate||128 oz of water with 2 oz cleaner|
|Used For||All kind of roof, vinyl, and more|
8. Wet And Forget No Scrub Roof Cleaner
(Best for Algae)
You can easily recognize algae on your roof, which is simply a plant basing on moisture and sunshine to exist. This Wet And Forget So Scrub Roof Cleaner can be responsible for getting rid of it.
Unlike other roof cleaners that need to be diluted, this “ready to use” formula allows you to spray instantly with a built-in sprayer. Besides discarding algae, this cleaner also quickly eliminates tough moss, mildew, and mold from a smaller roof.
Since its non-diluted formula, one gallon just cleans from 60-180 square feet. You just need to spray the dirty places, and this product will combine with wind and rain to stop the growth of algae and wash it away within several weeks or months.
In addition, its formula doesn’t contain bleach or acid; therefore, you don’t need to worry about it can damage your roof. Its formula also doesn’t require you to rinse and use any washing machine.
- “Ready to use” formula
- Attached a convenient sprayer
- No need for rising and using washing machines
- Can cover 60-18- square feet
- Save your precious time
- Easy to apply
- Harmless for users
- Use for different places
- Have to scrub to remove algae
- For hard stains, you need to apply it twice
|Brand||Wet And Forget|
|Dilution Rate||5 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Formula||Bleach-free, biodegradable ingredients and “ready to use”|
|Coverage||60-180 square feet|
|Used For||Small outdoor surfaces and more|
9. EcoClean Instant Result Roof Cleaner
(Best for Asphalt Shingles)
The asphalt shingle is the most common kind of roof shingle since it is cost-efficiency and durable. Therefore, you need to find a roof cleaner that is specialized in cleaning asphalt shingles, and this EcoClean Instant Result Roof Cleaner is an ideal product.
This cleaner can eliminate stubborn stains on asphalt roof and get rid of mold and mildew in minutes. Up to 400 square feet are treated by each gallon. Besides, this cleaner is equipped with the no-scrub formula that means you just need to spray and wait until these stains disappear.
Moreover, it is a multi-function cleaner since it can clean different areas without any effort. The cleaned areas have to be dry, and to get the best result, remember to spray from bottom to top and rinse with water. There is a note for you that it is a caustic chemical bleaching product; therefore, you need to be careful while using it.
- Magic no-scrub formula
- The cleaner can be active within 10 minutes
- No need of dilution
- Contain bleach
- You can get a refund within 60 days from the purchase day if you aren’t satisfied with it
- Convenient application
- Doesn’t require to scrub
- Quickly active
- Doesn’t need to use supporting products
- Safe for various surfaces
- There is a chlorine smell
- Not completely safe for users
|Coverage||300-400 square feet|
|Used For||All surfaces|
10. Wet And Forget Roof And Siding Roof Cleaner
(Best for Tile Roof)
If you are looking for the best cleaner for a tile roof, let’s consider Wet And Forget Roof And Siding Roof Cleaner. It is one of the best products for removing streaks and stains with effortless.
Since it doesn’t contain acid, bleach, and phosphates, you can easily discard moss, mold, mildew, and algae from a wide range of surfaces. However, you have to careful during the dilute process to avoid happening undesired problems.
Moreover, you will get the perfect result after using it to clean the tile roof because of its non-corrosive feature. In fact, just several roof cleaners offer this value. You can also stand at the ground and distribute this cleaner to the tile roof since it can shoot as long as 30 feet. With one product, you can clean up to 2000 square feet.
- Offers 2000 square feet cleaning capacity
- Can reach up to 30 feet
- Able to get rid of moss, mold, mildew, and algae
- Convenient to use
- Doesn’t contain acid, phosphates and bleach
- Can use for multiple surfaces
- Equips 2 options for each particular purpose
- Doesn’t require to scrub and rinse
- Cannot refill
|Brand||Wet And Forget|
|Dilution Rate||5 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Formula||Doesn’t contain bleach, acidic and phosphates|
|Coverage||2000 square feet|
|Used For||Entire house, deck, driveway, and roof|
This video will prove prominent features of this cleaner:
11. Wet And Forget 10587 Moss Roof Cleaner
(Best for Metal Roof)
This Wet And Forget 10587 Moss Roof Cleaner has an exclusive combination of biodegradable selective surfactants that can productively get rid of mold, mildew, and moss on a wide variety of surfaces, especially metal roof.
For this cleaner to work, you need to dilute with water. The perfect dilution rate is 5 parts of water with 1 part of the cleaner. After you apply it to the roof, it will instantly dive into the tough stains. When it rains, the water will gently react cleaner to wash away the stains without destroying.
Moreover, this cleaner doesn’t require you to scrub or rinse that is proven with EPA certification. Like other cleaners from this brand, it also doesn’t contain acid, caustic, and bleach. Depending on how heavy the stains are, it will take you proper time to discard them.
Therefore, you will recognize the result over time. It will work great with a pump-up garden sprayer. After the first application, you just need to clean the roof once it has the first stains sign.
- Can work on various surfaces
- Doesn’t contain harsh chemicals
- Work great with a pump-up garden sprayer
- Doesn’t need to scrub or rinse
- Safe for users
- Can use for multi-purpose
- One-step application to get the visible result
- Affordable price
- It will take you longer to clean the heavy stains
- Need rain to complete the task
|Brand||Wet And Forget|
|Dilution Rate||5 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Formula||Doesn’t contain caustic, acidic and bleach|
|Coverage||750-2250 square feet|
|Used For||Roof, brick, aluminum, and more|
Now you can forget issues happening with your roof thanks to this product:
12. Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems Roof Cleaner
(Best for Lichen)
This Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems Roof Cleaner has developed to get rid of lichen, mold, mildew, and fungus from all exterior surfaces, including roof, without harming your pets and plants, and users.
Besides, it doesn’t contain corrosive and bleach; therefore, you can be completely comfortable to use it on your roof. It does not only help you discard stains but also prevent them from feature forming. Each treatment lasts up to 12 months. Imagine that you just need to use it to clean your roof once a year. That’s sounds great.
Moreover, this cleaner comes in a ready-to-use formula that means you just need to spray and walk away; it doesn’t require you to scrub or rinse. This product helps to preserve your roof is never easier.
- Doesn’t contain bleach and corrosive
- Eco-friendly formula
- One application for all
- The result lasts up to 12 months
- Safe for users and landscaping
- Can use for multi-purpose
- Work on various surfaces
- Convenient to use
- Have to be patient when using it
- Should avoid using it if the plants are around
|Brand||Citra-Shield Exterior Algae Control Systems|
|Formula||DIY ready to use|
|Coverage||Approximately 200 square feet|
|Used For||All exterior surfaces|
13. Simple Green Solve Total Outdoor Roof Cleaner
(Best for Pressure Washer)
Sometimes, you will need the assistant of pressure washers to clean your roof. Unfortunately, not every roof cleaner can work with them. Therefore, I will introduce you to this Simple Green Solve Total Outdoor Roof Cleaner, which is perfect to combine with a pressure washer.
This cleaner can deliver moss, mold, mildew, and algae from all outdoor surfaces. It also uses peroxide, which can brighten and restore the existing colored roof with no need for bleach.
With a supporting pressure washer to work, you can clean up to 6400 square feet each bottle. This product comes in the non-toxic formula; thus, it is safe for your users and the environment.
- Its formula contains peroxide
- Works great with pressure washers
- Can use for various surfaces
- Able to restore your roof
- Safe for users and eco-friendly
- Delivers many kinds of stain
- Doesn’t contain bleach
- Quick to use
- It is pretty pricey
- There is an unpleasant smell
|Dilution Rate||10 parts water with 1 part cleaner|
|Formula||Non-toxic with peroxide|
|Coverage||Up to 6400 square feet|
|Used For||Wood, composite, plastic, asphalt, and more|
14. Camco 41063 Pro-Strength Roof Cleaner
(Best for TPO Rubber Roof)
If you want to find out the best roof cleaner for the TPO rubber roof, this Camco 41063 Pro-Strength Roof Cleaner is not a bad choice. The TPO’s lifespan can prolong longer if you take care of it properly. That is what things this cleaner provides you.
This cleaner is an industrial-grade that can discard oxidation, black streaks, and road film building up on the TPO roof and support you in protecting it from damage with one step.
Furthermore, this product is a combination of a blend of surfactants, and deep conditioner cleaning will bring you an incredible result.
- Contains conditioners for deep cleaning
- Able to extend TPO’s life expectancy
- One-step treatments
- Easy to use
- Pro-strength cleaning
- Recovers TPO roof
- Deal with many types of dirt
- Have to apply several times for tough stains
- We still need to scrub the roof
|Used For||RV rubber roof|
15. RMR 86 Instant Remover Roof Cleaner
(Best for Mold and Mildew)
Unlike other stains, mold and mildew are the most dangerous stains on your roof and will hide your beautiful roof. Therefore, you need a roof cleaner with prominent power to deal with this issue, and there is no product better than RMR 86 Instant Remover Roof Cleaner.
This ready-to-use formula will solve stubborn mold and mildew and deliver the stains left behind them since it comes in 5 times stronger than other cleaners. Besides, it will help you prevent the unpleasant smell left behind by other cleaners.
Moreover, it is instant reactive with mold stains, and you will realize the result at the first sign. You don’t need to scrub while using it; instead, you just spray, take a seat, and watch how it is working. Its formula contains sodium hypochlorite but is not harmless for multiple surfaces.
- “Ready-to-use’ formula
- Can work in various places
- Able to get rid of fast stubborn stains
- 5 times stronger cleaners
- Can remove the stains in just 15 seconds
- Use with ease
- Save your valuable time
- Use for a wide variety of purpose
- Fast to recognize the result
- Its smell like pure chlorine; thus, you should use it outside
|Coverage||Approximately 250 square feet|
|Used For||Tiles, vinyl siding, brick, and more|
If you are interested in this product, let’s check this video:
How To Use Roof Cleaners Like A Pro?
The manufacturers’ instructions seem to be easy to follow. However, many people still have trouble finding ways to use roof cleaners. I will guide you step-by-step to clean your roof. Let’s follow closely.
- Whenever you intend to clean your roof, you have to choose proper weather conditions. Usually, you want to clean your roof on a windy day. However, some cleaner need the aid of rain to wash away stains
- Need to get rid of leaves and residue before applying cleaner onto your roof
- Dilute the cleaner according to the proper dilution rate that producers offer on the packaging to get desirable liquid
- You need to use the spray to support you in applying the formula. Some cleaners come with an integrated sprayer to help you conveniently clean
- For some cleaners, you just need to spray and walk away while others need you to scrub and rinse. You may want to check it out
- If you clean tile roof or shingles, these surfaces will be quite slippery after cleaning. Using a safety harness is the best way to protect you from unwilling accidents
- The smart way is to wear boots with non-skid soles that ensure you are safe
- If you use eco-friendly cleaners, this way may be unnecessary. However, suppose you use harsh cleaners, you will need to prepare precautionary measures to minimize its influence on the environment
- Make sure you dilute the cleaners in the proper ways to they can meet your needs
- Need to use protective clothing to prevent cleaners from harming your skin
- Try to use sprayers anytime to minimize the affectiveness’s cleaners to your body
Important Things You Should Know When Purchasing A Roof Cleaner
This section is a significant part. It will help you know what you had better pay attention to when you buy a roof cleaner. Let’s see how many factors are:
Type Of Roof
As you know, a wide range of roof materials are used for different houses, and not every roof cleaner can use for all types of roofs. Therefore, you need to determine your roof materials to find out the suitable roof cleaners.
Moreover, not all materials are possible to undergo strong cleaners. For example, eco-friendly cleaners are compatible with any kind of roof. Harsh cleaners will not damage the roof if it is made of metal, stones, or other tough stuff. Besides, if your roof is shingles, you will need to avoid using high-pressure cleaners.
Easy To Use
Most roof cleaners are easy applications since they just require you to dilute with water and spray on to affected areas. Some of them allow you to clean in one treatment while others need you to scrub and rinse during the cleaning process.
On the packaging, the manufacturer will state the coverage size of its formula. If you have a limited budget, it is an important factor you need to consider. Some products allow you to dilute 1 part of the cleaner with 10 parts of water to get a suitable cleaner.
However, the dilution rate can affect the formula’s effectiveness and harmful levels for the environment.
How long the roof cleaner will last is significant in a busy life since it will decide how often you need to re-clean. The best products can maintain the best result around 12-24 months, while others can shorter or longer relying on their formula.
Some roof cleaners need the assistant of rains to wash away the moss, mold, mildew, and algae, but some products required your roof to dry at least 12 hours or more. You need to read them carefully since they will affect the effectiveness of cleaning.
You always want to save up money as much as possible when purchasing anything. Thankfully, almost roof cleaners have reasonable prices; however, some products have a little bit high compared to others. All of them come with characteristics that are worth their price.
Basically, you don’t want to get a roof cleaner that brings you more negative influences than positive ones. Hence, you can spend quite extra to get the best product.
Inevitably, you will face some trouble while using roof cleaners. Here are some frequently asked questions that are answered. I hope these answers can deal with your problems.
My Top Pick
All products on that list are great, and the product I am impressed is Spray And Forget SFRCG04 White Roof Cleaner. This product gets rid of mold, mildew, moss, and algae and maintains the best result for up to 24 months.
I hope you can find and select the most suitable roof cleaner that implements your wishes. If you are still wondering, “What is the best roof cleaner for you?”. You had better back and read slowly to find the right answer.
In short, if you have any query or anything want to say, you just need type in the box chat below. I will answer you instantly I read, or we can mutually share several useful hacks while using it. Don’t be shy; I am really looking forward to hearing from you soon.