If you are raising some lovely cats, not just a couple, but it can be three or four little ones, then you may get familiar with the cat litter. First, I completely agree that having some pets around somehow brings joy and peace to our home.
Things get challenging when your kitties jump out of the box and stroll around every corner, spreading the smelly and dirty litters over the house. A solution to collect those tough granules without using hands is…a vacuum! More specifically, a vacuum for cat litter.
This review is written with the hope to save your time in finding a quality vacuum for cat litter. Before going to the main part, how about getting to know some basic information about what you are going to purchase?
- Why To Own A Special Vacuum for Cat Litter
- Recommended Types Of Vacuum for Cat Litter
- Best Vacuum Brands for Cat Litter
- What Are The Best Vacuums for Cat Litter?
- Best Vacuum for Cat Litter Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 17 Best Vacuum for Cat Litter Reviews 2021
- 1. Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV356E Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner
- 3. Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
- 4. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 5. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 8. Armor All AA255 Utility Shop Vacuum Cleaner
- 9. Coredy Ultra-Slim Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 10. BISSELL Featherweight 2033 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 11. BISSELL Zing 2156A Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 12. BISSELL 33A1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 13. MOOSOO 23Kpa Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 14. BISSELL Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- 15. BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 16. Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 17. ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- What Should You Aware When Buying A Vacuum for Cat Litter?
- My Top Pick
Why To Own A Special Vacuum for Cat Litter
Cat litter, an absorbent material used for cat’s residue soaking up, is likely to put your old traditional vacuums at risk of clogging and machine damaging.
You may notice that once a large amount of cat litter is sucked up into your vacuum, the suction power tends to get weaker and fall over time. The reason is the inner machine is hit toughly by those hard litter granules at such a high speed.
- Top 15 Best Handheld Pool Vacuums Reviews 2021
- Top 14 Best Roomba for Hardwood Floors To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Mops for Hardwood Floors To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Shark Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair 2021
- Top 15 Best Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Vacuum for Bed Bugs Reviews in 2021
- Top 11 Best Vacuum Cleaners with Adjustable Height in 2021
- Top 13 Best Spa Vacuums For The Money 2021
Moreover, the dust can be built up in the brush and even over the mechanism, which usually happens with the clay-based litter.
The odor is another problem when it comes to vacuuming cat litter. If you use a vacuum for both cat litter and the house cleaning task, the distinct scent from cat residue may spread over your living space, causing such an annoyance for your lovely family members.
Therefore, to prevent those troubles, investing in a special vacuum for cat litter is absolutely worth it.
Recommended Types Of Vacuum for Cat Litter
Some vacuum types that are normally used for cat litter are:
This type is outstanding with its slightness and portable feature. Equipped with a small dust chamber instead of disposable bags, it helps you handle the cat litter without spending too much energy. Storage is also convenient with its compact form.
Typically, the stick vacuum comes with two designs, corded and cordless. It depends on your preference to decide on a suitable style. Generally, this type of vacuum is an ideal choice if you are seeking something that is easy to maneuver and store.
The upright vacuum can appear in either bagged or bagless style, and the latter is more familiar. Whether what the design it shows up with, this vacuum type can give a deep cleaning to the house and has no problems with cat litter.
However, upright vacuums can be quite cumbersome and heavy to control. Make sure you can handle its weight before bringing it home.
The handheld vacuum is a perfect tool to reach into narrow places thanks to its compact building. Even a little cat litter cannot stay hidden from it. On the flip side, it is not widely used when it comes to cleaning enormous areas.
This vacuum type comes up with separated floorheads and a dirt canister, while the motor is equipped inside the canister. It does a great job of cleaning stairs and other hard-to-reach places.
However, it can be bulky and requires you to drag it along during vacuuming.
As its name mentions, this device is designed to clean both wet and dry objects. The cat litter is usually moisture after it reaches the maximum absorbency. Therefore, using a wet/dry vacuum can reduce the risk of damage of moisture granules to the vacuum’s mechanism.
Like the canister style, this type of vacuum is bulky and not really suitable for the entire house cleaning tasks.
With the innovative technology applied, the robot vacuum on the market nowadays can be easily controlled via your smartphone or tablet. It is mostly preferred by busy people.
This machine generally finishes its job pretty well, even though it still has a limitation in cleaning the black surfaces.
Best Vacuum Brands for Cat Litter
Here are some well-trusted vacuum brands for cat litter that are purchased popularly by the cat owners:
BISSELL: BISSELL is a 140-year-old company producing vacuums that are not only innovative and quality, but also safe for the pets. A part of its revenue is used for homeless pet saving donation.
Eureka: Founded in 1909, Eureka is renowned with its premium line of floor-cleaning products, included vacuum cleaners.
Shark: As a pioneer in small household appliances, Shark offers well-designed products that are suitable for the hustling lifestyle of people all around the globe.
What Are The Best Vacuums for Cat Litter?
BISSELL is the best popular vacuum brand for cat litter since its products are produced mainly for pet owners. Meanwhile, Eureka and Shark are other great options for great quality and affordability.
Let’s take a look at this shortlist to find out the best vacuums for your cat litter:
- Best Overall: Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV356E Vacuum Cleaner
“Apply anti-allergen complete seal tech; HEPA filtration; swivel steering head; XL-capacity dirt cup.”
- Best Budget: Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner
“A 2-in-1 vacuum; lightweight; washable filter; easy storage.”
- Best Bagless: Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
“5 height adjustments provided; 4.1-liter dirt cup; the filter is reusable; assemble quickly.”
- Best Bagged: Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Automatic floor regulation; produced to meet commercial-grade; a 10-liter disposable bag included; equip a fingertip on/off switch.”
- Best Canister: Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M Canister Vacuum Cleaner
“A 10-amp motor is built-in; provide a quick-release reach; triple-filtration system; powerful suction; perform well on hard floors.”
- Best Upright: Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“The canister can be detached; anti-allergen complete seal; equip LED headlights; swivel steering design; fingertip control for floor-switching mode.”
- Best Stick: Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
“Come with signature swivel design; the capture nozzle can suck up large cat litter; a 3-in-1 device; the filter is washable.”
- Best Wet/Dry: Armor All AA255 Utility Shop Vacuum Cleaner
“2.5-gallon polypropylene tank; equip a 2 peak HP motor; include on-board accessories; built-in air and noise diffuser.”
- Best Robot: Coredy Ultra-Slim Robot Vacuum Cleaner
“Apply drop-sensing and anti-collision tech; can run for constant 110 minutes; double-filter system; provide 4 optional cleaning modes.”
- Best Lightweight: BISSELL Featherweight 2033 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
“Only weigh 3 pounds; a 3-in-1 device; appear in a compact building; additional tools are included for advanced cleaning result.”
- Best Small/Compact: BISSELL Zing 2156A Canister Vacuum Cleaner
“Provide a reusable and washable filter; 2-liter dust cup included; cyclonic and powerful suction; the retractable cord is 15 feet.”
- Best Handheld: BISSELL 33A1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
“Provide a cyclonic suction with a 4-amp motor; multi-layer filtration; include a suction nozzle for cat litter picking; easy storage.”
- Best Cordless: MOOSOO 23Kpa Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
“Equip a four-stage HEPA filtration system; reusable filter; LED headlight included; 2 power modes; get recharged quickly.”
- Best for Cat Litter on Carpets: BISSELL Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
“Apply one-pass technology; multi-level filter; easy to empty; include a 12.5-inch cleaning pad.”
- Best for Cat Litter on Hard Floors: BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Stick Vacuum Cleaner
“Swivel steering head; come with V-shape floorhead; cyclonic suction equipped; a 6-amp motor is equipped in the device.”
- Best for Cat Litter on Hardwood Floors: Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
“A direct-drive cleaner head;20 minutes running time; include a mini motorized tool for sofa cleaning; the gravity center is placed in the grip.”
- Best for Cat Litter on Tile Floors: ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
“Low-profile design; apply tangle-free pet hair care technology; self-charging; smart sensors for anti-bump and anti-fall.”
Best Vacuum for Cat Litter Comparison Chart 2021
Top 17 best vacuums for cat litter are already featured in the following table. Don’t mind spending a few seconds checking on it as it will help you draw a quick comparison between every product.
|Best Vacuums for Cat Litter||Dimensions (Inches)||Weight (Pounds)||Bagless or Bagged||Warranty|
|Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV356E Vacuum Cleaner - Best Overall||14.96 x 11.4 x 45.5||13.7 pounds||Bagless vacuum||5 years|
|Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner - Best Budget||6.5 x 10 x 42.91||3.74 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Best Bagless||13.4 x 14 x 44.5||10 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Bagged||33.6 x 13.1 x 5.6||12.57 pounds||Bagged vacuum||1 year|
|Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M Canister Vacuum Cleaner - Best Canister||16.5 x 9 x 11.3||9 pounds||Bagged vacuum||1 year|
|Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Upright||13.2 x 11.9 x 45||15.4 pounds||Bagless vacuum||5 years|
|Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum Cleaner - Best Stick||6 x 10 x 44||3.97 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|Armor All AA255 Utility Shop Vacuum Cleaner - Best Wet/Dry||10.6 x 14.2 x 14.4||7 pounds||Bagless vacuum||2 years|
|Coredy Ultra-Slim Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Best Robot||12.8 x 12.8 x 2.7||7.43 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|BISSELL Featherweight 2033 Stick Vacuum Cleaner - Best Lightweight||8.3 x 9.5 x 44.25||3 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|BISSELL Zing 2156A Canister Vacuum Cleaner - Best Small/Compact||14 x 11 x 12||8 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|BISSELL 33A1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner - Best Handheld/Portable||10 x 5 x 8||5 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|MOOSOO 23Kpa Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Best Cordless||49.2 x 10.8 x 9.4||2.84 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|BISSELL Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Cat Litter on Carpet||13.2 x 13.5 x 44||15.4 pounds||Bagless vacuum||2 years|
|BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Stick Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Cat Litter on Hard Floors||10.6 x 11.3 x 43.3||7.5 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
|Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Cat Litter on Hardwood Floors||9.8 x 8.7 x 46.4||5 pounds||Bagless vacuum||2 years|
|ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner - Best for Cat Litter on Tile Floors||11.8 x 11.8 x 3||4.5 pounds||Bagless vacuum||1 year|
Top 17 Best Vacuum for Cat Litter Reviews 2021
Now it’s time to go into detail of every product and understand its strength and drawbacks. Hope this review will be helpful for you.
This Shark Navigator NV356E vacuum cleaner can blow your mind away with its amazingly strong suction power. It captivates all the dirt and cat litters in a blink of an eye, leaving a spotless surface, enough to satisfy any cat owners.
Besides, this vacuum is equipped with a quality HEPA filter system, plus an anti-allergen complete seal over the device, making it superior in blocking the tiny pieces of litter flying out and causing bad smells. The swivel steering head also helps to maneuver around with ease.
I highly appreciate the lift-away feature as it helps the users clean the stairs and other tricky corners. Emptying the chamber is also a piece of cake. However, this device may tip over sometimes when you handle the hose. The top-heavy construction is another downside that needs improving.
- Apply anti-allergen complete seal technology
- HEPA filtration
- XL-capacity dirt cup up to 2.08 liters
- Swivel steering head
- The lift-away design helps to clean the stairs and hard-to-reach places
- Extremely powerful suction
- Eliminate the risk of allergies
- Easy to empty
- It sometimes tips over when you use the hose
- The top-heavy building may cause difficulty for some people to handle
|Dimensions||14.96 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||2.08 liters|
For more detail about this product, please watch this video:
2. Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik Vacuum Cleaner
I love how simple it is to maneuver this Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stick vacuum cleaner. Appear in a lightweight and compact building, this device is user-friendly and doesn’t require too much storage space.
Notably, this product performs greatly as either a stick vacuum or a handheld vacuum. It can change between the two models in no time. Moreover, the equipped filter is reusable, saving you a bunch of money.
The included accessories also give the users more options when collecting the cat litters on different surfaces. Its compact design can also reach to the narrow spaces where your kitty went through.
It would be better if the cord and the handle are longer to increase the maximum convenience for users.
- A 2-in-1 vacuum
- Only weigh 3.74 pounds
- Include an on-board crevice tool combo
- The filter is washable
- Effortless to maneuver and carry around
- Provide convenient storage
- Can clean the corners and other tight places
- The cord is short and limits the users from moving freely around the room
- The short handle makes it not really ideal for tall people
|Dimensions||6.5 x 10 x 42.91 inches|
|Cord Length||16 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.35 liters|
Check on this video to understand more about this product:
3. Eureka PowerSpeed Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
The bagless model seems to be a favorite choice for most people thanks to its economical and eco-friendly strengths, and this Eureka PowerSpeed bagless vacuum cleaner worth considering. It is equipped with an extra-large dirt cup that can embrace 4.1 liters.
With 5 height adjustments provided, it can work well on many floors type, from hard floors to carpets and rugs. You can also save a lot of cash since the filter can be washed and used repeatedly.
You may get surprised at its ease of assembly. It takes no time to put all the parts together and start to vacuum. Its lightness also sweeps away the tiredness when bringing it around. However, at the same time, the lightweight construction simultaneously makes it tilt over every so often.
- Provide 5 height adjustments
- The dirt chamber is extra-large up to 4.1 liters
- Multiple on-board attachments included for the best cleaning efficiency
- Offer a rinsable filter
- Assemble in a flash
- Money-saving with the reusable filter
- Lightweight and no-sweat to carry up and downstairs
- Can work on various surfaces
- Comes at an affordable price
- Its lightness makes it tend to tilt over when you use the hose manually
- The hose is quite short
|Dimensions||13.4 x 14 x 44.5 inches|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||4.1 liters|
Here is a quick review about this product:
4. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS Upright Vacuum Cleaner
For the cat owners seeking a bagged model, this Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS upright vacuum will not let you down. As its name mentions, this device is made with the commercial grade, ensuring the best durability.
Besides, it comes with a significantly huge bag of 10 liters, which doesn’t require much maintenance. Changing the bag doesn’t cost much money, which I highly suggest. There is also a fingertip on/off switch place on the handle, so that the users can turn it off swiftly.
Moreover, this device is outstanding with its ability to adjust to the floor height automatically. It also does a good job of keeping the floorhead connecting with the surface. I wish this vacuum came with other attachments to get the best convenient cleaning.
- Automatic floor regulation
- Produced to meet commercial grade
- The disposable bag can contain 10 liters of dirt
- 12 inches wide cleaning pad
- Equip a fingertip on/off switch
- Can fit under most furniture
- The top-fill design prevents the vacuum from losing connection with the floors
- The long cord gives a free movement
- Bag replacing is not costing
- Doesn’t include hose and other accessories
- Make noise when working
|Dimensions||33.6 x 13.1 x 5.6 inches|
|Cord Length||36 feet|
|Bag Capacity||10 liters|
If you are curious about this product, this video is for you:
5. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This Eureka Mighty Mite 3670M vacuum is an ideal choice if you look for a lightweight yet powerful canister vacuum to trap all the cat litters. Comes with a strong motor delivering 10-amp, this device is exceptionally great, especially when working on hard floors.
Besides, since it has a three-layer filter system, preventing the litters from escaping is an absolute breeze, which protects your house from smelly messes. The included quick-release tool also helps to reach awkward places with no problem.
Moreover, I love its lightweight design that supports the users to carry up and downstairs effortlessly. It also doesn’t require too much storage places. Still, some people may get bothered due to the loudness it creates when running.
- A 10-amp motor is built-in
- Weigh approximately 9 pounds
- Provide a quick-release reach to clean anywhere
- Triple-filtration system
- Easy to carry up and downstairs
- Highly controllable
- The powerful suction can suck up any objects
- Perform excellently on hard floors
- Convenient storage
- The hose brings a flimsy feeling
- Work pretty loudly
|Dimensions||16.5 x 9 x 11.3 inches|
|Cord Length||20 feet|
|Bag Capacity||2.5 liters|
Don’t skip this video as it will show you more interesting things about this product:
6. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Featured by the lift-away design, this Shark Rotator Powered TruePet vacuum cleaner is perfect for cleaning the stairs and narrow corners. Plus, its swivel steering head assists you while maneuvering around the objects and furniture.
With the built-in LED headlight, no cat litter can be hidden from this vacuum. Besides, you can easily change the mode from cleaning carpets to the hard floors and vice versa via a simple fingertip control.
About the suction power, I would give it applause. It effectively gives deep cleaning treatment to any surfaces. However, the cord cannot rewind automatically, causing annoyance when it comes to storing. The hose should be longer and more flexible.
- The canister can be detached to clean hard-to-reach places
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- Fingertip control for floor-switching mode
- The LED headlight is equipped
- Swivel steering design
- Can reach under furniture and other tricky areas
- The lift-away feature support cleaning stairs effectively
- Perform well even in the dark
- Provide great suction
- The hose is quite short and stiff
- The cord is not retractable
|Dimensions||13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches|
|Cord Length||30 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||3.1 liters|
Want to know more about this product? I believe this video will help:
7. Eureka NES210 Blaze 3-in-1 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This Eureka NES210 Blaze 3 in 1 vacuum cleaner is amazingly versatile and lightweight. It can be used as a handheld, stick, or stair vacuum. Whether what style it is transformed, it still finishes the tasks greatly. The included capture nozzle also helps to capture large cat litters.
As come in a stick design, it is slim, compact, and light as a feather. Therefore, storing becomes minimized. I also love the rinsable filter as it is money saving. Besides, you can easily maneuver it around the objects, or lay it flat beneath the furniture.
I realize that this vacuum does it best when sticking with hard floors and low-pile carpets surfaces. One thing that should be improved is the short cord. I don’t really suggest this feature when it comes to dealing with enormous areas.
- Comes with signature swivel steering design
- The capture nozzle can suck up large particles
- Appear as a 3 in 1 device
- The filtration is washable
- Doesn’t take too much storage space
- Work well on low-pile carpets and hard floors
- Can lay flat under furniture
- The short power cord doesn’t seem to be ideal for large room cleaning
|Dimensions||6 x 10 x 44 inches|
|Cord Length||18 feet|
Watch this video to see what this vacuum can do:
8. Armor All AA255 Utility Shop Vacuum Cleaner
When mentioning wet/dry vacuums, it will be a mistake if we forget this Armor All AA255 Utility product. Was made of polypropylene plastic, this vacuum comes with a tank with the capacity at 2.5 gallons. It is designed to pick up wet cat litters without harming the inner mechanism.
I am amazed at how powerful the suction can get. As it is equipped with a 2 peak horsepower motor, it is easy to understand why the suction can be such unbelievably strong. Moreover, besides collecting cat litters, it can also work as an effective blower.
With the air and noise diffuser included, loudness can be reduced to the minimum level. Moreover, this vacuum doesn’t take too much time to assemble. One thing I wish to be better is the short cord. To make a full use of this device, an extension cord is needed.
- The polypropylene tank can contain 2.5 gallons
- Equip a 2 peak HP motor
- Include on-board accessories
- Built-in air and noise diffuser
- Provide quiet work
- The suction power is exceptional strong
- Easy to assemble
- The power cord is quite short
|Dimensions||10.6 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches|
|Cord Length||10 feet|
|Tank Capacity||2.5 gallons|
For more information, please check on this video:
9. Coredy Ultra-Slim Robot Vacuum Cleaner
This little Coredy Ultra-slim robot vacuum cleaner can be a helpful assistant for any cat owners. Get the control signal through the remote, this machine can work for straight 110 minutes and automatically recharge when it is nearly out of battery.
As it is applied the anti-collision and drop sensing tech, you can make sure it will not meet any troubles when running amidst many objects and stay firmly at the stairs without falling. Plus, the climbing wheels also supports to deal with thick carpets.
Besides, with four cleaning modes, this robot device can work well on multiple surfaces. Even if the cat litters stay beneath the sofa, it can smoothly run into there and clean up everything. If it were less noisy when running, it would be unbeatable.
- Apply drop-sensing and anti-collision technology
- Deliver a constant 110-minute working
- Double-filter system
- Provide 4 optional cleaning modes
- Can adjust the cleaning head for different surfaces
- Automatically recharge
- Keep the air fresh
- Slim construction fit under furniture
- Go along the carpets with ease thanks to two large climbing wheels equipped
- Produce noise while running
|Dimensions||12.8 x 12.8 x 2.7 inches|
|Suction power||1400 Pa|
|Tank Capacity||0.3 liters|
This video will give you a better view of this product:
10. BISSELL Featherweight 2033 Stick Vacuum Cleaner
With the weight of only 3 pounds, this BISSELL Featherweight 2033 device is the best option ever for any cat owners who are finding a slight yet convenient device. It can be detached into different models, from handheld, stairs to stick vacuum.
Transporting this device will never be a burden, thanks to its lightweight construction. It also doesn’t need too much room for storage. Most users also like how straightforward it is to empty the dirt cup.
In general, this vacuum delivers such a great performance on hard surfaces. At the same time, cleaning carpets seems to be less effective, though. I wish the cord could be a little bit longer so that the users can move freely when vacuuming.
- Only weigh 3 pounds
- Include a 15-feet power cord
- A 3-in-1 device
- Appear in a compact building
- Additional tools are included for advanced cleaning result
- Easy to store and empty
- Require no sweat to carry around or up and downstairs
- Highly versatile
- Can transform into a stick, handheld, and stairs vacuum in no time
- The short power cord is a limitation when vacuuming large surfaces
- Doesn’t perform well on carpets
|Dimensions||8.3 x 9.5 x 44.25 inches|
|Cord Length||15 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.67 liters|
For people who are interested in this product, this video will be helpful:
11. BISSELL Zing 2156A Canister Vacuum Cleaner
For cat owners who need a compact device, this BISSELL Zing 2165A canister vacuum is worth staying on your top-list. Small and lightweight are two outstanding features on this vacuum that makes it super convenient when picking up litters.
The cyclonic filtration design helps to deliver powerful and constant suction. Plus, the filter can be reused many times, which saves money for the users. Besides, this device supports changing the cleaning mode between carpets and hard floors in no time.
In my view, this vacuum gives an excellent performance on the hard floors. However, cleaning the carpet seems to be less efficient. It also brings the flimsy feeling from the exterior plastic construction.
- Provide a reusable and washable filter
- 2-liter dust cup included
- Cyclonic and powerful suction
- The retractable cord is 15 feet in length
- Convenient storage
- Work well on hard floors
- Can easily switch between hard floors and carpets cleaning mode
- Its plastic casing is quite flimsy
- Doesn’t perform effectively on carpet surfaces
|Dimensions||14 x 11 x 12 inches|
|Cord Length||15 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||2 liters|
This informative video is worth watching if you care about this product:
12. BISSELL 33A1 Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This BISSELL 33A1 handheld vacuum provides the best portability since it can be held firmly by just one hand. With the 4-amp motor equipped, this device produces strong suction power, enough to trap all the dirt and large particles even in the trickiest place.
The filtration system comes with various layers, which vastly boosts the ability to blocking the dirt and protecting the inner mechanism. Plus, since this device also goes with a suction nozzle that is specifically designed for dry cat litters collecting.
Besides, the handheld building also diminishes the bother in moving around and storing. One problematic aspect needs bettering is the handle’s design. It should have been constructed smartly to prevent the users from getting tired while holding it.
- Provide a cyclonic suction with a 4-amp motor
- Multi-layer filtration
- Include a suction nozzle for dry messes like cat litter picking up
- The power cord is 16 feet in length
- Doesn’t take much room when storing
- Can handle hard-to-reach places
- The awkward-designed handle can make your hands tiring when holding it for a while
|Dimensions||10 x 5 x 8 inches|
|Cord Length||16 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.78 liters|
To have a clear thought about this product, spend a few minutes for this video:
13. MOOSOO 23Kpa Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Some people believe corded vacuums are superior, while some others always stick with the cordless model as it is highly portable and can be used anywhere without socket requires. And if you are in the latter group, this MOOSOO 23Kpa cordless vacuum is made for you.
Come with a four-stage HEPA filter system, not even a tiny litter can beat this equipment. Moreover, since the filter is reusable, you can save your cash for other important things. This device has two suction power modes that can be changed swiftly via the control.
Besides, I am really impressed by how lightweight it is. The slim design makes it no sweat to maneuver under furniture, around the object, and in the narrow corners. The battery supports a straight 30-minute running time in a low speed, and it can also get recharged promptly.
- Can work straightly for 30 minutes in low speed and 15 minutes in high speed
- Equip a four-stage HEPA filtration system
- The filter can be washed and reused
- LED headlight included
- 2 power modes
- Perform well on multiple surfaces
- Can be fitted in the narrow places and under furniture
- Get recharged quickly
- Easy to empty
- It can only be recharged when the battery attached to the vacuum
- Doesn’t really work productively on thick carpets
|Dimensions||49.2 x 10.8 x 9.4 inches|
|Battery||22.2 V/ 2200 mAh|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.5 liter|
Check on this video for more information:
14. BISSELL Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Cat Litter on Carpet)
With the one-pass technology applied into the machine, plus an ingenious brush include, this BISSELL Cleanview 1831 upright vacuum cleaner can trap the dirt and litter effectively in just on passing movement. This device can handle multiple surfaces, especially the thick carpet areas.
Besides, it is also equipped with a multi-stage filtration system to enhance the dirt-trapping possibility. Emptying the chamber doesn’t really matter with its bottom-empty design that helps to remove the trash and dust easily without worrying it would get kicking back to the air.
One thing that absolutely put me in awe is its ease of disassembly and assembly. Every step can be finished in a fraction of a second. Anyways, this vacuum still has to be improved in some features. It produces loudness when working. Sometimes, it will tip over when you handle the hose.
- Apply One-Pass technology and an innovative brush for the best cleaning result
- Multi-level filtration
- One filter is washable
- Include a 13.5-inch cleaning path
- Can be used for various floor types
- The bottom-emptying design prevents the dust from flying up
- Assemble and take apart easily
- Powerful suction
- The vacuum tends to tip over when you use the hose
- It is quite noisy
|Dimensions||13.2 x 13.5 x 44 inches|
|Cord Length||25 feet|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||2 liters|
Here is a quick yet detailed review about this product:
15. BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Stick Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Cat Litter on Hard Floors)
This BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A vacuum leaves the first impression with its V-shaped floorhead design. This construction is superior since the V part can suck up all the large cat litters while the bottom of the V part collects the smaller granules.
Moreover, its unique shape also helps the vacuum reach any narrow corners, giving the floors a deep cleaning performance. Plus, with the help of a 6-amp motor placed inside, nothing can stay hidden to its powerful suction.
Effortless emptying is another huge plus of this device. It would be greater if the cord length is improved. The short cord somewhat will annoy the users when they have to plug and unplug many times.
- Swivel steering head
- Come with the V-shape floorhead design
- Cyclonic suction equipped
- A 6-amp motor is built in the machine
- Support to maneuver around the objects, corners, and furniture
- Easy to empty the chamber
- Can captivate both large and small debris thanks to the special head design
- The power cord is quite short
|Dimensions||10.6 x 11.3 x 43.3 inches|
|Cord Length||20 feet|
If you want to get more piece of information, here is a video for you:
16. Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Cat Litter on Hardwood Floors)
If your house is mostly touched by hardwood floorings, this Dyson V6 Animal cordless stick vacuum cleaner will suit the best. The direct-drive cleaner head is a huge plus as it drives more bristle on the floors, giving your floor a spotless and refreshing look.
Moreover, since the grip is the heaviest part, you can effortlessly control the vacuum to anywhere, whether it is ceiling or in the corners. Still, this feature spontaneously limits the device from standing on itself.
This cordless stick will be suitable for anyone who puts portability in the priority. Besides, it also can be converted into a handheld vacuum, plus with the mini motorized tool included, collecting litter in the sofa and other furniture becomes a piece of cake.
- Has a direct-drive cleaner head
- Can deliver continue suction up to 20 minutes
- Include a mini motorized tool for sofa cleaning
- The gravity center is placed in the grip
- Can touch anywhere from ceiling to corners
- Easy to maneuver
- Can be used as a handheld vacuum
- Tend to fall over due to the heavy handle
- Poor battery life
|Dimensions||9.8 x 8.7 x 46.4 inches|
|Running Time||20 minutes|
To get to understand this product specifically, check on this video:
17. ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
(Best for Cat Litter on Tile Floors)
This ILIFE V3S Pro robotic vacuum cleaner is applied tangle-free pet hair care technology, which works great specifically on tile floors. Come in a low-profile design, this little machine can easily fit under furniture.
The smart sensors feature protects it from falling or bumping to the objects around. I am also impressed with its super long running time from 90-100 minutes. When it is nearly out of battery, it automatically returns to the recharging dock.
I highly appreciate this robotic vacuum with the great cleaning efficiency while coming at such a reasonable price. However, this machine sometimes gets stuck in some corners and produces noise while working.
- Low-profile design
- Apply tangle-free pet hair care technology
- Smart sensors prevent bumping and falling
- Long battery life up to 100 minutes
- Can reach under furniture
- Quick set up
- Sometimes it gets stuck in some places at the house
- A little bit noisy
|Dimensions||11.8 x 11.8 x 3 inches|
|Running Time||90-100 minutes|
Watch this video for more information about this product:
What Should You Aware When Buying A Vacuum for Cat Litter?
There are some important factors that you need to pay attention to when purchasing a vacuum for cat litter.
The vacuum’s weight can mostly affect efficiency in your maneuverability. Make sure its weight doesn’t limit you from having the best control.
With the elderly, I highly recommend using the stick and handheld vacuum as they tend to appear compact and lightweight.
Bagless Or Bagged?
Bagged vacuums are preferred by allergies sufferers since the bags can be easily detached and thrown away, which eliminates the risk of breathing in the dust flying out. As a result, this model doesn’t require too much maintenance. However, changing the bag regularly can be costly.
Meanwhile, the bagged vacuums are selected as an economical and eco-friendly choice. Instead of using bags, there is a dirt chamber equipped on the device to contain collected dirt. Be careful when empty the chamber as the dirt may get kicking back and contaminate the atmosphere.
When it comes to vacuuming enormous surfaces, the cord length should be considered carefully. Choose a vacuum with a long cord, typically from 20-35 feet, to freely transport around the room without any limitation.
If your house is a warm and small place, then this factor doesn’t really matter.
You should go with a vacuum that is equipped with a strong suction power since it can handle all the tough and large cat litter on any surfaces, whether it is hard floors or thick carpets. A weak motor may have difficulty in cleaning high-pile carpets.
Cat litters are likely to leave a risk of damaging the vacuum’s mechanism due to its tough and moisture feature. Moreover, these granules can cause odor and mold growing in your vacuum. Therefore, a premium air-filter system is needed to prevent these problems.
I highly appreciate the vacuums coming with additional attachments. Most devices will include 3 basic tools for convenient cleaning. Therefore, it is necessary to check if they are included with the vacuum, or you have to purchase them separately.
Lastly, do not forget the warranty since it will be helpful when any issues happening with your device. Typically, most vacuums offer 1 to 2 years of assurance for the whole parts. While some popular brands such as Shark provide up to 5 years guarantee for the motor and casing.
Here are some frequently asked questions about vacuums for cat litter. Hope it will be helpful for you.
My Top Pick
I cannot say no with the Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV356E Vacuum Cleaner since it deliver such a great suction power that soak up all the cat litter in no time. This device can also protect allergy sufferers, thanks to its advanced HEPA filtration system.
And how about you? Have you made the decision? I hope the answer is yes, since that means my review is useful for you.
Last but not least, if you have any questions or useful tips on using vacuums for cat litter, don’t mind leaving a comment below. I am eager to hear from you.